Hybrid Vehicles | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hybrid Vehicles

Wagons just don't sell.

In North America they don't ... rest of the sensible world gets it. It's hatchbacks for city, wagons for long distance ..... I mean the obsession with SUV/CUV is just obvious here, and for no good reason. The Europeans think that it's because North Americans are generally bigger and well fed people .... LOL .... so they want generally larger vehicles, not they really need them, especially considering the fact that CUV/SUV are actually smaller when inside space is considered, when compared with the same class of vehicle.

Imagine the pain of people who want a decent driving hatchback or wagon, to only end up in some poor SUV/CUV ....

A wagon seems like the perfect form factor for a vehicle with a large battery pack. I keep coming back to the opinion that most manufacturers are happier not selling vehicles with a useful electric range but sell something much less appealing to appease regulators.

I think the manufacturers are much happier to sell what makes them more money, first and foremost.

I think the manufacturers are much happier to sell what makes them more money, first and foremost.

I agree, but the profitability of a vehicle like the volt shouldn't be be grossly affected by whether it was a wagon or sedan. Now if you follow the extension to that argument that you can have this great fuel efficient sedan or a CUV with a more useful interior arrangement and much higher profit margin, we are both on the same page.

BMW 3 series wagon is beautiful and practical, but no hybrid being spoke of. And that 70K price tag is hard.

Is that why minivans sell? Do we just have more choice, including larger vehicles?

I like wagons. However, the appeal of cuv/suv vehicle is the higher ride and seating height. The hatch back configuration suits many with more versatility over a sedan.

The only draw back from the VW wagons we had was the low seating position.

Maybe it’s an aging population and overweight people but, having vehicles that you don’t have to drop into or climb out of is another factor.

My wife enjoys her Kia Soul. However, I notice the demographic of drivers appear to be in the retirement age. Lol.

She does recreation therapy for mental and physical afflicted people. The Soul is very good with loading passengers and unloading and any walkers they may need etc.

I car like a VW, she often had to physically assist them getting seated or getting out of the vehicle.

I know. Just one point of view and not the experience of the overall population.

Ps. The C Max drive is not bad for a Hybrid. I’d rather a diesel. Lol.

But continue to achieve 5.6 L per 100 kilometres in fuel consumption.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How about a Mazda3? Great gas mileage for a non diesel and 3 year unlimited mileage warranty is standard. Extended to 5 years if you want to pay the extra. Reasonably priced and doesn’t look like crap.

The VW all track wagon looks pretty good. Not priced stupidly and very functional wagon form.

All wheel drive. Raised height. And 32mpg highway.

Last edited:
The only draw back from the VW wagons we had was the low seating position.

Maybe it’s an aging population and overweight people but, having vehicles that you don’t have to drop into or climb out of is another factor.

But they actually drive like a car. SUV vs V60 wagon ... I know which car I want to be in. The ride height is useless to me 99.99% of time

Sure, you are not hopping slightly up or sliding down when in and out ... but people get old in Europe too and have managed for ages.

My wife enjoys her Kia Soul. However, I notice the demographic of drivers appear to be in the retirement age. Lol.

She does recreation therapy for mental and physical afflicted people. The Soul is very good with loading passengers and unloading and any walkers they may need etc.

I agree regarding the Soul ... although you did place me in the retiree category .. not sure I am happy about that ... LOL .... But as I said before, if VW was still not trying to cheat their way out of diesel-gate and rather focus on making EV cars people actually want to buy, I'd be driving one. In my view, the best hatchback ever made (there's not many cars which are practical, fun to drive without costing an arm and a leg). Period ... :)

Back
Top Bottom