News: G&M, B.C.'s Electra Meccanica 3 wheeled electric car/motorcycle | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

News: G&M, B.C.'s Electra Meccanica 3 wheeled electric car/motorcycle

In a world where cars like the Iseta (the bmw oddball) can exist and small motored bicycles are considered transport, 'cars' like this will sell. And make sense.
The days of me driving an F150 with nobody in it and nothing in the back are numbered. And its a small number. As a commuter the Meccanica car for me makes sense using it one day a week, purchase price at 7ish and ins about 1k a yr, I can see it.

In a world where cars like the Iseta (the bmw oddball) can exist and small motored bicycles are considered transport, 'cars' like this will sell. And make sense.
The days of me driving an F150 with nobody in it and nothing in the back are numbered. And its a small number. As a commuter the Meccanica car for me makes sense using it one day a week, purchase price at 7ish and ins about 1k a yr, I can see it.

Driven legally it takes up almost as much space on a highway so no help with congestion.

Needs high vis auto aim 50 caliber machine gun on roof to take care of infringing drivers.

Great for people with unlimited parking space, a rarity in urban areas.

Catch 22 If you live in the city you don't have the parking. If you live in the country you need more range.

I vote that it doesn't look cool. If others agree, it won't sell. Poll anyone?

I can park 4 full size cars in the drive and stick 2.5 more in the garage, 160km range would get me to downtown T.O. and back, or my office in Burlington and back to the house easily. I probably wont see any more infringing drivers in a toy car than I deal with on my bike.
It doesn't look cool, but thats what the other vehicles are for.

Its about as exciting a car as a new lawnmower , its a tool.

Back
Top Bottom