Chinese New Year Approaches | GTAMotorcycle.com

Chinese New Year Approaches

Evoex

The God
Site Supporter
Just a reminder that Chinese New Year is coming. If anyone was ordering parts from that side of the world in preparation for getting back on the road in March/April you may want to order soon. The entire country shuts down for 2 weeks in Feb.

Spring Festival! I just learned about it this weekend. My g/f is going back to China for a couple weeks to see family.

Does this mean anything Made in China will be expensive this next month? Nobody working, right?

Does this mean anything Made in China will be expensive this next month? Nobody working, right?

Makes no sense.

Its either already made, will be made before shutdown or made after. Why would the price increase?

Makes no sense.

Its either already made, will be made before shutdown or made after. Why would the price increase?
Who knows, maybe stock in the warehouse will not be moving. Maybe ships will not depart port in anticipation of the holidays.

Makes no sense.

Like gas prices- something goes wrong in the Middle East today and we pay more at the pumps tomorrow for gas that has already been made, shipped and is waiting at the filling station.

Who knows, maybe stock in the warehouse will not be moving. Maybe ships will not depart port in anticipation of the holidays.

lol, really?

Like gas prices- something goes wrong in the Middle East today and we pay more at the pumps tomorrow for gas that has already been made, shipped and is waiting at the filling station.

Not a true comparison, besides T&C's for that industry are likely much more fluid.

Do i sell components to to my suppliers at a higher price because of the shutdown? No.

looks up....sees this is not Romper Room

no, it's a serious thread, or at least it was

The important question is, will the roads in Markham be safer, will parking at Pacific mall be safer?

Actually you guys just get wrong especially on the shipping time parts, a real Chinese business man only takes two days off in the whole year. If your business partner or supplier is going to rise price or delay shipping, it’s a single that you are not the important customer for he or she.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 GTAMotorcycle.com

Actually you guys just get wrong especially on the shipping time parts, a real Chinese business man only takes two days off in the whole year. If your business partner or supplier is going to rise price or delay shipping, it’s a single that you are not the important customer for he or she.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 GTAMotorcycle.com

How can you ship parts when there's no one in the customs office? The business are not the problem.

The Chinese have had a New Year for about , how many thousand years have they had a calendar? Anybody that didn't see it coming deserves to be short on parts, you had a 6,000 yr warning

It is commonly called “Lunar New Year”, because it is based on the lunisolar Chinese calendar.

Lunar cycles(adjusted) within the solar cycle(which is about 60 years).

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom