Ice riding in port Perry | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ice riding in port Perry

Anyone bin up to the lake in port Perry? I’m wondering how the ice is to go ice riding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was frozen last time I went by, but I would want to go further north to do any riding on it. Temps have been too up and down this far south.

A guy just went through the ice near Port Perry this weekend on a sled. They pulled his body out this morning.

A guy just went through the ice near Port Perry this weekend on a sled. They pulled his body out this morning.

Well that sounds like a good warning. Thanks

I'm sorry, you're right. The deceased was an aquaintance of a friend of mine in Oshawa, I assumed that it was on Lake Scugog.Bottom line, be careful on frozen lakes.

Well not sure if it’s worth going to port perry for the ice so going to run up to apsley tomorrow and hit up chandos lake. Apparently it’s 2ft thick and clear clean ice.

Ice was about 15" thick on the east arm of Scugog when I was out riding it on January 21st. I'll be up to check it out Sunday.

I’m actually up in apsley now rode a few times yesterday and today. The old man had a nice little track plowed ready to go. Yesterday was perfect today cold as f. -25 with wind chill. I’m going to pass by port on the way home see if anyone has plowed anything.

Back
Top Bottom