Serious question about bike storage | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Serious question about bike storage

You can ban smoking on balconies easy enough. Many better buildings have, you declare a balcony 'common space', you have exclusive use, but the building controls it. So no rasta or confederate flags flying off the balcony, or patio furniture above the sight lines. My Moms building is smoke free, even in the unit YOU OWN.
Get enough votes on your side and you control the building, every open board meeting is an opportunity to invent new rules.

lol....that would be an interesting neighbor interaction
if they were near each other
but of the two
I'd take a rasta over whiskey tango any day

The condo I lived in had a no smoking policy in the units.
There were only 2 bikes there, they both shared a spot with their cars. No biggie.
Fwiw I will NEVER live in a condo again. I'm too much if an Ahole and I hate most people.

OP, have you thought of, and this is only a suggestion, swapping parking spots with someone who has a lesser noticeable spot? ie, the last spot in the garage? In my experience those seem to be beyond any eyes. People are lazy. Then park your bike and car there.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

They could kick you out and call the dept you cant take flammable liquids in the elevator.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea but that would require effort on their part.

Also, did I mention I'm jacked and will intentionally go "debate" these condo issues after lifting? I mean, I don't plan to hurt anyone, but i can sure as hell make it look like it along with a lot of swearing ;)

Gotta fight stupid with stupid. Especially when they're a bunch of ****ing racist Asians that think they're better than everyone else....unless you're Asian (every Yonge and Finch condo board.)

Last edited:
油井緋色;2543697 said:
a bunch of ****ing racist Asians that think they're better than everyone else....unless you're Asian (every Yonge and Finch condo board.)

Haha, recently there was a court case where owners were fighting to have condo board meetings conducted in english as the board decided to conduct them in some other language. IIRC it was in BC. Open board meetings aren't very useful if you have no idea what the hell is going on.

油井緋色;2543697 said:

Also, did I mention I'm jacked and will intentionally go "debate" these condo issues after lifting? I mean, I don't plan to hurt anyone, but i can sure as hell make it look like it along with a lot of swearing ;)

Gotta fight stupid with stupid. Especially when they're a bunch of ****ing racist Asians that think they're better than everyone else....unless you're Asian (every Yonge and Finch condo board.)

Wow...... just .. wow

油井緋色;2543697 said:

It would be advantageous to be wearing a wife beater tshirt to cement your point.. a couple sleeve tattoos would also raise the bar
....not only do you got thick skin... but pumped skin now thats another level.
You're good. ?

Wow...... just .. wow

Funny thing is that it's true...

If you choose to disagree with a wealthy Chinese/Viet person, you better be ready to stand your ground and fight for what you want.

Most take pride in their status and will not let other people tell them what to do, or hear them out, because... Money.

If you don't speak their language fluently (me), you'd be treated the same.

Last edited:
If you don't speak their language fluently (me), you'd be treated the same.

They do it to me too as my Mandarin is not fluent. I find implying that they are short-sighted, by coming to an English dominant country without learning English, flips the respect the other way lol

油井緋色;2543697 said:

Jesus. Yes, you did just mention it. "After lifting" totally makes you scarier. Lol

OP-pretty common scenario here in Toronto. I've been in and out of condos both as an owner and a renter since the early 90's and I've never been able to park two vehicles in one spot.

Can you buy another one?

Last edited:
Jesus. Yes, you did just mention it. "After lifying" totally makes you scarier. Lol

At least he's not walking into the room starting an argument with dumbbells in hand xD

It is very common that the rules in the declaration state ONE motor vehicle per spot. They also usually state that the vehicle must be registered and licensed. Regardless of how "jacked" you are, if you contravene the rules they can have you kicked out of the building. Owner or renter.

I lived six years--give or take--with a bike and car in the same spot. It was against the rules BUT as with any condo, no one complains many times they let the rules slip. Pays to get along with people. If they enforce the rule, rent a second spot.

At least he's not walking into the room starting an argument with dumbbells in hand xD

Holy **** that's actually not a bad idea lol

I think this only works on last generation Asians though.

Jesus. Yes, you did just mention it. "After lifting" totally makes you scarier. Lol

OP-pretty common scenario here in Toronto. I've been in and out of condos both as an owner and a renter since the early 90's and I've never been able to park two vehicles in one spot.

Can you buy another one?

The declarations set the boundaries of what you own and what you have exclusive use of and changing them would be hard. A rental agreement or parking spot trade with another owner is pretty simple. If I was in the predicament I would try for a double spot with one being against a wall. Park the car to make it hard to get at the bike.

If you're buying a new condo from a developer you can negotiate a second spot if they aren't all taken but they aren't cheap. I'm guessing low five figures to start and in the sixes downtown but I could be wrong.

The declarations set the boundaries of what you own and what you have exclusive use of and changing them would be hard. A rental agreement or parking spot trade with another owner is pretty simple. If I was in the predicament I would try for a double spot with one being against a wall. Park the car to make it hard to get at the bike.

If you're buying a new condo from a developer you can negotiate a second spot if they aren't all taken but they aren't cheap. I'm guessing low five figures to start and in the sixes downtown but I could be wrong.

around $50k

around $50k

I was talking with someone that bought extra storage lockers in their building ~10 years ago for 25K each. Recently they have been selling them off for over 100K as they were separately titled. If someone is buying extra spots they should investigate separate titles (I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not though as it would probably make them attract capital gains?).

I was talking with someone that bought extra storage lockers in their building ~10 years ago for 25K each. Recently they have been selling them off for over 100K as they were separately titled. If someone is buying extra spots they should investigate separate titles (I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not though as it would probably make them attract capital gains?).

not sure where that could have been, but you can buy a spot now in one of the condos around the Rogers center for about $45k IIRC (might still be on MLS), new condos sell then anywhere from $35-$55k (that was a year or so ago when I was looking for an investment unit), lockers were going anywhere from $5k - $15k, all in the dt core

Back
Top Bottom