Any advancements in cellphone mounts? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any advancements in cellphone mounts?

Ram products are worth every penny I have spent on them over the years, on various bikes. I order directly from Ram in the states.

Some of the ram mounts are looking good, buuut the price point is still making me think the the absolute best option is to pick up a mirror mount for a few bucks on ebay and bolt the defender holster to it.

Bought a sweet eBay mount for super cheap that lasted perfectly for 60,000km, until it didn't.
Mount broke while riding on Southwood road and my GPS became airborne at 80km/hr.

RAM mounts cost me more and should outlive me. Get what you pay for.

Have a techmount. No issues so far. Anyone else use one or know of any failures?

Ram does make holders which fit some phone sizes, like a case the phone snaps into. Though not all phone sizes or models. So this way you don't have to use the "X" clamp if you are worried about it popping out of it.

proper GPS with lockable mount
easy to glance at to get info
and can be used with gloves

it's bluetooth and hotspot connected
to the phone that is zipped in a pocket
perfect and safe solution for me

Last edited:
you asked for advise.

Here is mine.

Keep the phone in your pocket.
Stop getting distracted by your phone.
You may get in an accident in that moment you take your eyes off the road.

I would never risk losing attention on the road for even a second.
That's all it takes.

So instead you get in an accident looking for the house number you are trying to remember :rolleyes:

What did we ever do before cell phones???????

We must have been geniuses.

paper maps
I still have a large collection
I like them
but my kids - millenials, laugh at them

paper maps
I still have a large collection
I like them
but my kids - millenials, laugh at them

When I first came to this side of the World, that was all I knew. UK.
That was how I travelled around. Mostly the States, where I lived.
Then I did the same when I immigrated to Canada, Eh.
When on the bike you had to use your memory. That has long gone. The memory. Lol.
I used to fly and the best maps where the large Topo maps. You could write on them in something similar to crayon.
You never got lost in a plane, just temporally unsure of your position.
Long gone days.
So much simpler now. Program a route and go.
Carry a phone in your pocket.
Not complaining.
Beats a long piece of string and two tin cans.

Those ram mounts are ridiculously priced. $50 USD plus shipping from the US? How much is that, over $100 CAD? You could buy a decent android phone for that.

I keep my good phone zipped up in my jacket pocket and I use my old phone which I don't care about in my cheap $10 chinese ram mount. Used just for its GPS which works even without a sim card.

Bought a GPS RAM mount for $18 CAD 4 years ago, and an phone RAM X mount (comes with an elastic attachment to secure your phone that most people don't use)for ~$25 CAD at RadioWorld on Steeles and 400....

The 'U' ball attachment was ~$10.

That being said, I very rarely use either mounts anymore unless I'm exploring and want to have a way to route myself back home.

Last edited:
I always see this spiel of "it's too expensive" for phone accessories.

Whether it be otterbox or lifeproof cases, RAM mounts...

I don't know about you but my phone i didn't buy outright, and ideally i'd want to keep it in one piece in order not to have to downgrade. So investing 8% of the value of the phone to keep it safe instead of spending 2% of the value of the phone is a no brainer, cause if it breaks, you're looking at a much bigger expense

I went the chinese route at first when i started, and that case it dead and gone after 1 season. It's wasn't worth it and ***** things could've happened to it.

Back
Top Bottom