Military Lockdown In Montego Bay Jamaica | GTAMotorcycle.com

Military Lockdown In Montego Bay Jamaica

SVeezy

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/canad...g-state-of-emergency-in-montego-bay-1.3766495

"Canadian travellers seeking sun in Montego Bay, Jamaica should exercise caution during a state of emergency over a spike in violent crime, the Canadian government is warning.Jamaican authorities imposed a military lockdown in St. James Parish Thursday, which includes the popular tourist destination.

“If you are staying at a resort in the affected area, restrict your movements beyond resort security perimeters. If you do travel outside these perimeters, use transportation arranged or provided by the resort. Use organized tour operators for excursions and travel to and from the airport. If you are in the affected area, be extremely vigilant, follow the instructions of local authorities and monitor local news.”
Jamaican authorities say violence, in particular murders, has been escalating and endangers public safety."

simply stunning island and beaches
wonderful culture, music, food, great people, irie!
really sad to see the troubles there

It's one of my favorite destinations, I certainly hope they can get things in order quickly. I was surprised to see the total number of murders last year given the relatively small population by comparison in St James Parish.

simply stunning island and beaches
wonderful culture, music, food, great people, irie!
really sad to see the troubles there

Back
Top Bottom