Winter ATV Groomed Trails - Haliburton Forest | GTAMotorcycle.com

Winter ATV Groomed Trails - Haliburton Forest

Xhumeka

Known as “Ontario’s snowmobiling wonderland” and offering over 300 km of well developed and carefully maintained snowmobile and winter ATV trails, Haliburton Forest’s location at the top of the Algonquin Dome boasts unmatched winter ATVing conditions

https://www.haliburtonforest.com/things-to-do/snowmobile-atv-trails/

Looking for feedback from anyone who has been to these trails on their ATV in the winter - is it worth the $50/day pricetag? I'm itchin' to get out for a decent rip, and considering bringing a bike there for a day (especially since the sledding season is pretty much over... <cry>). Are the groomed trails interesting enough in the winter? Has anyone been there on an ATV in the winter before? Kind of rare to see trails shared by both sledders and ATVers! Any feedback greatly appreciated...

Corrie_Lee-_Haliburton_Forest_trail.jpeg

Posted trail conditions as-of yesterday:

[h=3]Current Conditions[/h]
Snowmobile/ATV Trails as of January 17th, 2018

TRAILS ARE IN POOR SHAPE!
Most trails have only an ice base with just a dusting of snow on top. Some trails are in fair condition.
We are allowing snowmobiling but emphasize that riders should use extreme caution and be wary of the lack of lubrication for their snowmobiles. The conditions support good ATVing, as long as riders are cautious of ice.

I don't like mixed trails with sleds and ATV's. IME, closing speed is horrendous with ATV's going pretty damned slow. It just looks like work for the ATV's getting jerked around in the ruts. That being said everyone I have seen on an ATV in the winter was retirement age or older. I don't know if things would smooth out if you got the speed up.

My experience is in northern QC, I have no idea about Haliburton (other than they charge a mint year round to access the forest).

As long as there is some snow my preference is sleds (especially if lake crossings are involved), just run off the side of the trail occasionally to get some snow in the track.

Thanks GreyGhost, and good points.... guess i'll just play video games for the next couple months to keep me busy if the snowmobile conditions continue to deteriorate :(

Back
Top Bottom