Dyno Tune worth it? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dyno Tune worth it?

I also paid $250 at Riders Choice in 2017 but that was with a discount of $100 because I bough the Bazzaz system from them. Very happy with the tune just need to sort out the quick shifter.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

At least that was the case back then. I remember having to buy a Bazzaz set up because they wouldn't tune a PC.

Multiple bikes with various systems. All makes of FC/QS on the bikes.

The only thing that I can figure is that they didn't have the software for you specific unit.

Multiple bikes with various systems. All makes of FC/QS on the bikes.

The only thing that I can figure is that they didn't have the software for you specific unit.

I remember specifically asking about tuning a power commander and was told that tthey onlyprogram Bazzaz.

At least that was the case back then. I remember having to buy a Bazzaz set up because they wouldn't tune a PC.
How long ago? I bought a track bike in the Fall that was built and maintained by Riders Choice, complete with a PC3 that they dyno tuned.

I remember specifically asking about tuning a power commander and was told that tthey onlyprogram Bazzaz.

Ya that's John wanting you to buy a Bazzaz since they bought an expensive Bazzaz dyno and want to only sell Bazzaz now, He sold me power commanders before they had that dyno, then after getting it they were **** lol. In fact I believe the only fuel controller I ever had a problem with was a Bazzaz, the first Bazzaz I ever installed had to be sent back to Bazzaz for warranty from new out of the box ....They can tune PC, they just dont want too, Bazzaz is their preference, and if that gets you to ditch your PC and buy a Bazzaz from them and pay to tune it all power to them..

Last edited:
Are you having some sort or performance issue? Is it idling rough or have some sort of surge/lag problem? Are you planning to race? I'm just wondering why you feel the need to get it done? It's a 10 year old bike that barring any sort of mechanical issues still has gobs of power for the street. If you're riding on the street, spending the money to make sure you have 100% of the hp the bike should have when you can't use 50% of the power the bike has seems pointless.

I have not had time to ride the bike hard yet. I have never really got into tuning bikes because it wasn't worth it with my R3, but if bikes are anything like cars a tune is always worth the couple hundred $$ for the peace of mind knowing the air to fuel ratio is on point. You never really know how rich/lean they are running until you throw it on the dyno. Just wasn't sure how much removing the cat affects a bike, because with my Subaru Sti, the off the shelf Cobb accessport maps were never true.
If riders choice doesn't tune PC's I'll most likely take her to pro6 cycle! Never a bad idea to get a legit tune, I now see it as an investment in the bike if you are going to stay with that set up for a while!
Thanks guys!

I have not had time to ride the bike hard yet. I have never really got into tuning bikes because it wasn't worth it with my R3, but if bikes are anything like cars a tune is always worth the couple hundred $$ for the peace of mind knowing the air to fuel ratio is on point. You never really know how rich/lean they are running until you throw it on the dyno. Just wasn't sure how much removing the cat affects a bike, because with my Subaru Sti, the off the shelf Cobb accessport maps were never true.
If riders choice doesn't tune PC's I'll most likely take her to pro6 cycle! Never a bad idea to get a legit tune, I now see it as an investment in the bike if you are going to stay with that set up for a while!
Thanks guys!

Riders Choice does and is an option.

Custom tune is never a bad idea even on a factory stock bike if you have the time and $$$.

You won't be after outright HP with just a slip on, but more driveability as others have mentioned.

Tuning out the flat spots or richness in the powerband can make a world of difference.

FYI I just got off the phone with Riders Choice. They do indeed tune with Power Commander, but specialize in Bazzaz. They charge $300 for a tune. An old friend I was just talking to that used to be big into tuning bikes mentioned Jeff Bloor now tunes at Riders Choice and he is a well known tuner. Im going to book in an appointment mid-end of May

Back
Top Bottom