TD Increase... | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Increase...

Clem

Just got my renewal from TD and it seems like its gone up around 30%. I though that was quite a large increase considering nothing has changed from last year, no accidents, no convictions, etc.

Question for the matures riders, where is the best place to get a quote nowadays?

TIA

Just got my renewal from TD and it seems like its gone up around 30%. I though that was quite a large increase considering nothing has changed from last year, no accidents, no convictions, etc.

Question for the matures riders, where is the best place to get a quote nowadays?

TIA

Brokers. Check the site sponsors page and give them a call.

if you are over 30 with a full M and have a car and house, bundle everything with Allstate and you'll save a ton. I dealt with Jeff Lynn from Allstate was awesome. Work - 226-271-4359

I just got my TDMM renewal and its the same as last year.

Interesting. Obviously they played around with the rates in some categories but not all. What bike do you have Clem? It will help others know what to expect at renewal.

I have 2 cars, three bikes, and the house with TD. Everything went down at renewal.
Versys 650, gladius 650 and a drz400.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I switched to Surnet Insurance Brokers (from this forum) and rate was lowered significantly - from $950/yr to $600/yr.

Call Dalton Timmis. Both mine and my wifes bike went down last year at our renewal, I don't expect any major shifts this year either - <$500/year per bike.

It's an R1200gs

thanks for the replies. I'll try Allstate and Dalton Timmis. I'll also try the brokers.

sometimes I think they set rates just by throwing a dart at a map... LOL

Dalton Timmis is a broker – the biggest one in the province actually last I’d heard – they have access to more underwriters than any others.

I dealt with a guy by the name of Andy Singh - great guy, knows motorcycles.

My TDMM just came in too, they dropped my Busa by $100, FJR - same. I have a bunch of cars on my policy, the total for all the cars dripped by about $100 as well. House same.

TD last year upped my home insurance (the only insurance I have with them) by $100. I called them and said WTF eventually they lowered it back to the previous level.

You can try and call them to challenge the rate, or better yet just shop around and get something better.

Insurance seems to be a game now you have to shop around every year to get better rates which is what I am doing for everything now.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

M&W is also a good broker
saved me $900 when intact decided to get greedy
their info along with other site sponsor brokers
is included in the pinnned post at the top of this section

Agreed.

TD last year upped my home insurance (the only insurance I have with them) by $100. I called them and said WTF eventually they lowered it back to the previous level.

You can try and call them to challenge the rate, or better yet just shop around and get something better.

Insurance seems to be a game now you have to shop around every year to get better rates which is what I am doing for everything now.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Clem

I too got a 30% increase from TD this year for no apparent reason. Got an insanely good quote from Allstate. IF you want to speak to my guy just PM me and I'll send details.

Great experience with Dalton-Timmis, they found me the best rates with Aviva....actually went down this year as well. Worth the call!

Great experience with Dalton-Timmis, they found me the best rates with Aviva....actually went down this year as well. Worth the call!

My Aviva renewal just arrived... Down $178 from last year.

Posted in another thread about my TDMM vs TD General experience. It's worth it to check TD MM if you have any sort of group/professional discount (even being a university graduate will suffice).

My rates dropped 40% with TDMM just now versus my TD General renewal that went unchanged.

if you are over 30 with a full M and have a car and house, bundle everything with Allstate and you'll save a ton. I dealt with Jeff Lynn from Allstate was awesome. Work - 226-271-4359

Same

Back
Top Bottom