GP Bikes - Extremely slow shipping and delivery | GTAMotorcycle.com

GP Bikes - Extremely slow shipping and delivery

Slono

I ordered 2 pairs of heated grips on January 5th from GP Bikes. They were closed for the motorcycle show from January 5th to January 8th so I figured they would ship a day or two after that, but they didn't. I gave them a call on the morning of January 12 and they said they had a lot of things to do so they didn't get around to shipping my order. The woman was nice enough to look into it and ended up telling me they were waiting to be shipped. She said I should receive the item in a few days. I thanked her for her help and shortly after the phone call ended I received an email from GP Bikes with Purolator tracking details showing status of "Shipping Label Created". It is now January 16th, the few days I had planned to meet up with a friend to install these grips have come and gone and I'm still waiting for my parcel. The Purolator status still shows "Shipping label created", meaning they haven't bothered to move the item.

I can't recommend ordering online from GP Bikes because of this. I hope nobody else is experiencing this and that they fix this inefficiency.

UPDATE: It was the courier's fault. Failure to update tracking number and long than normal processing time. GP Bikes had shipped it out when they said they would (albeit a few days late).

Last edited:
That is unusual. I placed an order Jan. 7 for a Scala Solo. It shipped via Purolator Jan. 8 and I received it Jan. 9th.

If they have the Purolator waybill number it can be tracked. My experience has been that its usually the courier, not the shipper.

I've ordered parts from them before and they came fairly quick , about a week

Ordered new knee sliders on the 8th, had them on the 10th.

If they have the Purolator waybill number it can be tracked. My experience has been that its usually the courier, not the shipper.

I suspect someone just created the shipping label and it's been left on a desk somewhere and the order is still sitting there.

Someone's dropped the ball. I'd be calling and asking for the manager at this point and having a little chitchat.

Ditto the statements above. They’ve been generally good to me. A one on one talk will usually clear things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

like the majority here, i never had a problem with GP. In fact everything came before the expected date. Just a side note, GP bike for me had the best sale staff and variety of the gear at the Canada Motorcycle Super Show. All the staff were engaged with customers - "hi" "would like a catalogue" "you want to try it on" "we have a sale".

Purolator is one of the worst courier companies i've had to deal with.
If I had a choice - i would never ship anything via puro.

In my job as a warehouse manager whenever I would see label created but not shipped it usually meant that the parcel was given to the wrong courier who would then hold it for a week or so to make the other courier look bad. After about a week they would return it to my warehouse and we would put it in the right bin and the customer would receive it by 10:30 next morning.

Sorry for not updating this thread. It was the couriers fault as they hadn't updated any of the information even when it was shipped. I had called GP bikes again and they had somebody search the warehouse only to come up empty handed so it wasn't their fault.

I received the product late, it looks like it took some time for the courier to process the item as well.

So long story short it was the courier's fault and not GP Bike's.

Sorry for not updating this thread. It was the couriers fault as they hadn't updated any of the information even when it was shipped. I had called GP bikes again and they had somebody search the warehouse only to come up empty handed so it wasn't their fault.

I received the product late, it looks like it took some time for the courier to process the item as well.

So long story short it was the courier's fault and not GP Bike's.

Nice to know. Thank you for the update.

Back
Top Bottom