recommendation for a BIKE to ride around town | GTAMotorcycle.com

recommendation for a BIKE to ride around town

nikos1965

I have my vstar 1100 and love it on my longer trips down the back roads and all but find it a little heavy round town and was looking to get something smaller, lighter to use around town only depending on insurance rates of course. I can get a Ninja 300 pretty cheap now. Totally different bikes I know but something smaller to get around town and to work with.
Any recommendations would be great thanks.

If you've already got a big bike that you enjoy riding and are looking for something small, light and comfortable to ride purely in the city I highly recommend the Suzuki TU250X. It is a dirt simple, light and nimble bike that sits you nice and upright with a bench seat, but still has some decent looks too. I dig the old school round headlight. Lots of them available with little use for a good price and very cheap insurance.

If I were in the market for another small bike I'd probably go for something like this: https://www.kawasaki.ca/product/versys-x-300-abs

w6oj3g1vja_17kle300c_242gn1drf00d_c_web.jpg

Get a stupidretard. Great hooligan fun!
I presume you meant supermotard? Unless there's a stupidretard class of bikes I don't know about, haha.

dual sport

i know i will get castigated on a bike forum but have you considered a scooter? anything 125cc and up makes a great city commuter. i've got a fly 150 and probably ride it ten times more than my motorcycle. put a cupholder on it, great for getting a coffee, loaf of bread, paying tickets and going to work. have a rainsuit stored under the seat. almost 100mpg and insurance is $230 year. just make sure you have a dark tint faceshield so no one recognizes you.

This past fall I picked up a little Kawi 550 to run around town with. Tons of small runabouts that are easy to move around, get on and off and have a blast and not hurt the wallet in the process.

I had an ex500 that was a blast to run around town and even quite nice for longer trip too. Easy to work on, cheap to operate.

You'll know it when you see it. Have fun and good luck!

Back
Top Bottom