Beer Tax Increasing. Again. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Beer Tax Increasing. Again.

A former neighbor of mine, and my wife's co worker, used to brew his own, and grow his own hops in the backyard.
He got so good at it, that he eventually quit his day job, and bought a microbrewery in San Diego, California.

[video=youtube;j6e7Z8-dl3U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=28&v=j6e7Z8-dl3U[/video]

When, and how much is the tax on THAT, going to be?
From what I hear, you're still better off buying from your dealer

I've switched to wine and go the one of those make your own places in an industrial area.

We get a box of Merlot or whatever at $55 and it works out to less than $2 a bottle. We don't do the whole bottle your own etc. Just order, they make it and we pay and pick up.

Makes for a good "house wine"

Used to brew my own beer and it was fun when the weather is nice. Had a nice set up in the garage and a neighbour would help out and we share the expenses and time to make it.

It's great when you have nothing else to do.

I was very surprised at the quality of some of these home made wines. Or maybe I'm just getting old and my tastebuds have gone to hell. Lol

I did batches of Barolo at WineKitz. I thought the law was I had to sprinkle the yeast and do the bottling but they did the babysitting in between.

My problem was the lack of variety. Ideally 2-3 people would do 2-3 different batches and share the bounty. My Barolo was expensive at 6-7 a bottle but some people I gave bottles to said it tasted like a $30 from the store.

I'm not a heavy drinker so eventually gave up the interest. The 14 bottle deal Robbo mentioned could rekindle my interest if I could find the half batch set-ups. My barber makes from fresh squeezed and indicated small batches don't work. I'm only good at drinking the stuff.

I did batches of Barolo at WineKitz. I thought the law was I had to sprinkle the yeast and do the bottling but they did the babysitting in between.

My problem was the lack of variety. Ideally 2-3 people would do 2-3 different batches and share the bounty. My Barolo was expensive at 6-7 a bottle but some people I gave bottles to said it tasted like a $30 from the store.

I'm not a heavy drinker so eventually gave up the interest. The 14 bottle deal Robbo mentioned could rekindle my interest if I could find the half batch set-ups. My barber makes from fresh squeezed and indicated small batches don't work. I'm only good at drinking the stuff.

I know this place needs you to have a profile. They don’t want walk ins and just sell.

I’ve never been involved more than saying what I want and then paying for it and walking out.

Just went yesterday. Here is the price list.

It’s for a 20 L box. And we have had them last a couple of months.

Does the job for us. I’m sure it’s not for everyone.

20b1133fb469602038c6589b96066bb9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom