aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

  1. #1

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    219

    aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Forum Sponsor
    I am looking for a slip on M4 exhaust for my L12 gsxr 600. Anyone recommend some stores? Also what after market exhaust have on yours?
    you only live twice

  2. #2

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    I browsed them last year and i think ebay or amazon had the most competitive pricing at the time.

    I recommend you watch youtube vids to compare sounds, still wont sound like the real deal but you get an idea of the ones that give you that deeper growl etc.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  3. #3
    GateKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    2,686

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    here is a place I used

    https://bluestreakracing.ca/

    .

    https://bluestreakracing.ca/zx6r-sup...t-slip-on.html

    not sure if the above meets your requirements

    .
    Last edited by GateKeeper; 01-13-2018 at 12:40 PM.
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Blog - http://gs750e.blogspot.ca/
    1985 Yamaha FZ750 - Blog - http://yamaha-fz750.blogspot.ca/

  4. #4

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Is it for track or street?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    219

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    Is it for track or street?
    it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.
    you only live twice

  6. #6

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by justride View Post
    it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.
    That reduces your options considerably, very few manufacturers of aftermarket slip-on exhaust systems have gone to the effort to certify their systems for emission and sound compliance. Should make the search much easier.

  7. #7

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    I have a full stainless yoshimura on one and a full titanium leo vince on my other. Both gsxrs . Both from bluestreak.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cambridge
    Posts
    96

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    for a great balance of price and quality I would check out Delkelvic, I purchased mine from their site.
    Honda VFR800F Interceptor--Honda CBR 1100XX--BMW K1200S---Triumph Sprint St---Suzuki Kanata 750--Yamaha FJ1200 ABS--Honda V45 Sabre--Honda CB900F Super Sport--Suzuki GT550 2 stroke--Kawi KZ400

  9. #9

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    That reduces your options considerably, very few manufacturers of aftermarket slip-on exhaust systems have gone to the effort to certify their systems for emission and sound compliance. Should make the search much easier.
    Emission compliance? Why?
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  10. #10

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    Emission compliance? Why?
    You mean other then being a responsible citizen? Well if the manufacturer says the can is street legal and does not conflict with federal law prohibiting the tampering of your vehicles emission control compliance, then it probably means you are not breaking a federal law
    ... I guess that's 2 reasons to start with.
    Is the bike still under manufacturers warranty? that might be another consideration.

    Highly recommend you hang the stock stuff on your garage wall rather then into the recycle bin, just incase the government wants to enforce the law some day too. If that ever happens there are going to be a !@#$load of Harley riders looking for stock exhaust systems.

  11. #11
    GateKeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    2,686

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by justride View Post
    it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.
    Don’t worry about stock, mine wasn’t either, and still got it in about a week.

    Lots of places don’t hold lots of stock anymore

    Besides it’s winter you have a few more months....

    .
    1983 Suzuki GS750E - Blog - http://gs750e.blogspot.ca/
    1985 Yamaha FZ750 - Blog - http://yamaha-fz750.blogspot.ca/

  12. #12

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    You mean other then being a responsible citizen? Well if the manufacturer says the can is street legal and does not conflict with federal law prohibiting the tampering of your vehicles emission control compliance, then it probably means you are not breaking a federal law
    ... I guess that's 2 reasons to start with.
    Is the bike still under manufacturers warranty? that might be another consideration.

    Highly recommend you hang the stock stuff on your garage wall rather then into the recycle bin, just incase the government wants to enforce the law some day too. If that ever happens there are going to be a !@#$load of Harley riders looking for stock exhaust systems.
    I'll bet most people break 'a law' everyday. I think that argument is pretty weak.

    Not voiding your warranty is a better one.
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  13. #13
    -JERICHO-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    1,372

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by justride View Post
    I am looking for a slip on M4 exhaust for my L12 gsxr 600. Anyone recommend some stores? Also what after market exhaust have on yours?



    I had one of these on my GSXR while I owned it. Was very nice, and produced a nice deep growl. I ordered mine from a popular US website.

  14. #14

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Evoex View Post
    I'll bet most people break 'a law' everyday. I think that argument is pretty weak.
    Not voiding your warranty is a better one.
    How was it an argument an argument doesn't happen until the cop has you pulled over at the side of the road.

  15. #15

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    How was it an argument an argument doesn't happen until the cop has you pulled over at the side of the road.
    I just felt like being a jerk i guess, slow morning
    17' FZ09 Intensity White
    "Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who i am, my attitude depends on who you are."

  16. #16

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    What's wrong with Hindle ? You can get a slip-on pipe and muffler for as little as $375 ?

    https://www.hindle.com/road-race/Suz...750-Low-SlipOn

  17. #17
    DJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Seconded for Hindle, they make a damn good exhaust system and made in Ontario. If they had one for my current bike I'd have gone with them.

    I purchased my Akrapovic through Bluestreak, thought the price and service was very good.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

  18. #18

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by justride View Post
    it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.
    Just ordered a PC5 from Bayside. Also best price that I could find. 8 - 10 business day delivery, so I can't comment on the purchase experience yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Trials View Post
    That reduces your options considerably, very few manufacturers of aftermarket slip-on exhaust systems have gone to the effort to certify their systems for emission and sound compliance. Should make the search much easier.
    I believe the OP was seeking advice on where to buy something, not whether he should or shouldn't.

    Quote Originally Posted by TK4 View Post
    What's wrong with Hindle ? You can get a slip-on pipe and muffler for as little as $375 ?

    https://www.hindle.com/road-race/Suz...750-Low-SlipOn
    Just installed a Hindle slip-on on my K8 GSXR 750 track bike. K7 slip-on works if you cut off the catalytic converter. Good quality build. Customer experience is good if your order follows their format. Things get awkward if you want to do something slightly different. Still, best price by far.
    When in doubt ... accelerate!

  19. #19
    DJM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    1,477

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    I had a loose rivet on my Hindle muffler. Sent an email to them asking what size it was so I could replace it, they overnighted a full package of them to me at no charge.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

  20. #20

    Re: aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

    Quote Originally Posted by Face View Post
    ... I believe the OP was seeking advice on where to buy something, not whether he should or shouldn't. .
    Then it's a good thing I didn't tell him what to buy or not to!
    Holy you guys are sensitive to my posts lately, is there something wrong with advising that a street motorcycle exhaust modification may potentially be illegal? ... I didn't get all bent at somebody for advising that I might need a driver license upgrade. Chill already! Now the OP realizes that he may be asked to give a cop a reason why his bike is loud and that there are systems available that claim they are specific for road use or track use. Plus I recommend he don't sell or trash the original bits, is that a bad recommendation. Let me guess just felt like being a jerk i guess, slow morning.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •