aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018 | GTAMotorcycle.com

aftermarket exhaust- what & where 2018

justride

I am looking for a slip on M4 exhaust for my L12 gsxr 600. Anyone recommend some stores? Also what after market exhaust have on yours?

I browsed them last year and i think ebay or amazon had the most competitive pricing at the time.

I recommend you watch youtube vids to compare sounds, still wont sound like the real deal but you get an idea of the ones that give you that deeper growl etc.

Is it for track or street?

it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.
That reduces your options considerably, very few manufacturers of aftermarket slip-on exhaust systems have gone to the effort to certify their systems for emission and sound compliance. Should make the search much easier.

I have a full stainless yoshimura on one and a full titanium leo vince on my other. Both gsxrs . Both from bluestreak.

for a great balance of price and quality I would check out Delkelvic, I purchased mine from their site.

That reduces your options considerably, very few manufacturers of aftermarket slip-on exhaust systems have gone to the effort to certify their systems for emission and sound compliance. Should make the search much easier.

Emission compliance? Why?

Emission compliance? Why?
You mean other then being a responsible citizen? Well if the manufacturer says the can is street legal and does not conflict with federal law prohibiting the tampering of your vehicles emission control compliance, then it probably means you are not breaking a federal law :rolleyes:
... I guess that's 2 reasons to start with.
Is the bike still under manufacturers warranty? that might be another consideration.

Highly recommend you hang the stock stuff on your garage wall rather then into the recycle bin, just incase the government wants to enforce the law some day too. If that ever happens there are going to be a !@#$load of Harley riders looking for stock exhaust systems.

it's for the street. BTW I checked blue streak , not in stock. Bayside performance based in B.C has the best price so far for the M4 gp exhaust.

Don’t worry about stock, mine wasn’t either, and still got it in about a week.

Lots of places don’t hold lots of stock anymore

Besides it’s winter you have a few more months....

You mean other then being a responsible citizen? Well if the manufacturer says the can is street legal and does not conflict with federal law prohibiting the tampering of your vehicles emission control compliance, then it probably means you are not breaking a federal law :rolleyes:
... I guess that's 2 reasons to start with.
Is the bike still under manufacturers warranty? that might be another consideration.

Highly recommend you hang the stock stuff on your garage wall rather then into the recycle bin, just incase the government wants to enforce the law some day too. If that ever happens there are going to be a !@#$load of Harley riders looking for stock exhaust systems.

I'll bet most people break 'a law' everyday. I think that argument is pretty weak.

Not voiding your warranty is a better one.

I am looking for a slip on M4 exhaust for my L12 gsxr 600. Anyone recommend some stores? Also what after market exhaust have on yours?

akrapovic_megaphone_slip_on_exhaust_suzuki_gsxs7502015.jpg

I had one of these on my GSXR while I owned it. Was very nice, and produced a nice deep growl. I ordered mine from a popular US website.

I'll bet most people break 'a law' everyday. I think that argument is pretty weak.
Not voiding your warranty is a better one.
How was it an argument :rolleyes: an argument doesn't happen until the cop has you pulled over at the side of the road.

How was it an argument :rolleyes: an argument doesn't happen until the cop has you pulled over at the side of the road.

I just felt like being a jerk i guess, slow morning :p

Seconded for Hindle, they make a damn good exhaust system and made in Ontario. If they had one for my current bike I'd have gone with them.

I purchased my Akrapovic through Bluestreak, thought the price and service was very good.

Just ordered a PC5 from Bayside. Also best price that I could find. 8 - 10 business day delivery, so I can't comment on the purchase experience yet.

I believe the OP was seeking advice on where to buy something, not whether he should or shouldn't.

What's wrong with Hindle ? You can get a slip-on pipe and muffler for as little as $375 ?

https://www.hindle.com/road-race/Suzuki/GSX-R600/2011-Suzuki-GSXR600-GSXR750-Low-SlipOn

Just installed a Hindle slip-on on my K8 GSXR 750 track bike. K7 slip-on works if you cut off the catalytic converter. Good quality build. Customer experience is good if your order follows their format. Things get awkward if you want to do something slightly different. Still, best price by far.

I had a loose rivet on my Hindle muffler. Sent an email to them asking what size it was so I could replace it, they overnighted a full package of them to me at no charge.

... I believe the OP was seeking advice on where to buy something, not whether he should or shouldn't. .
Then it's a good thing I didn't tell him what to buy or not to!
Holy you guys are sensitive to my posts lately, is there something wrong with advising that a street motorcycle exhaust modification may potentially be illegal? ... I didn't get all bent at somebody for advising that I might need a driver license upgrade. Chill already! Now the OP realizes that he may be asked to give a cop a reason why his bike is loud and that there are systems available that claim they are specific for road use or track use. Plus I recommend he don't sell or trash the original bits, is that a bad recommendation. Let me guess just felt like being a jerk i guess, slow morning.

Back
Top Bottom