riding boot question | GTAMotorcycle.com

riding boot question

Stienthor

Short version is I have an ankle that was seriously screwed up a couple yrs ago. I understand if nothing else the basics about bikes. Now understanding anything about boots to protect my ankle I am clueless. any help here would be nice if you guys would help.
This is the only thing that worries me about getting into riding motorcycles again. especially with me almost certainly buying a dual sport.

thanks for any help

There are many previous threads on boots with ankle protection, search for them and absorb the knowledge.

For dual sport (assuming you will spend a reasonable portion of time offroad) I would look at the adventure boots. They won't be cheap if you can't find a used set. They will be big and look strange if you plan on waking around a lot in them, but most have tons of protection.

I have ankle problems too. When trying on boots I ask myself whether I would confidently allow someone to stomp on my ankle while laying on the ground (similar to a bike falling on you). That rules out the vast majority of fashion and work boots instantly and disappointingly most "motorcycle boots" too. I ended up with BMW boots but there are many great boots from other manufacturers (and many manufacturers also put out some useless turds).

I've crashed enough times to break bones, suffer a concussion and a torn rotator cuff but never a foot/ankle injury.

Daytona > Dainese > everything else.

Daytonas are supposed to be the benchmark. Very $$$$$$$.

This.There is a pair for sale in the clothing for sale forum.The seller will take $50 off the asking price if you tell them i sent you.

I have a pair of beat up Dainese Axial Race Carbon (size 9/42) if anyone wants to try a hinged boot design for really cheap.

But if you are planning on doing dual-sport stuff, a cheap pair of MX boots will offer more protection due to their extra height - they've got way more area to clamp around the calf and stabilize the ankle. MX boots are generally terrible to walk around in though.

On the street my favorite boots for over a decade have been a pair of Oxtar (now called TCX) Infinities, which is an adventure-style boot, but they don't offer nearly the same level of protection as the real MX boots I use offroad.

This.There is a pair for sale in the clothing for sale forum.The seller will take $50 off the asking price if you tell them i sent you.
Good price. Too small for me. And I've got tiny feet, lol.

Back
Top Bottom