Post your latest head shake moment | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your latest head shake moment

Five year old grandaughter Sawyer is perched on my shoulders as usual and says "what's this?hold still Papa".Pokes a finger in my ear.....pokes it again.What are you doing Sawyer? Nothing,i don't know what it is...i put it back,it's ok Papa. WTF!
P7250122_zpsnkcluey3.jpg

Yeah, if you disconnect it fully without first disconnecting the battery you only have about 30 seconds before the ECM defaults it to -40, and I'd read that it takes some time to recalibrate. I guess you enjoyed some summer ERDTT in the meantime? ;)

I think that was what caused me to think my alternation hadn't worked initially - it seemed to still be reading the actual ambient temperature when I checked, but I didn't realize that even just patching in a new resistor (I never did disconnect the sensor, I just wired in parallel to the existing wires) would also require the recalibration period. It's working perfect now - even at -15c today it read 2c, so no ERDTT! Woo!

Sorry, I know a lot of people have NO idea what we're talking about. This should probably be in the EV thread
. :)

What? Expecting a GTAM thread to stay on topic? Heretic! :)

What? Expecting a GTAM thread to stay on topic?

Scary, I know.

So, I had a craving for ice cream and went out in the snowstorm blasting through here right now to buy some. I got waffles too. It was a yummy combination.

Today:

Going home in the snowstorm making a right on Bayview from Hwy 7 and i see a Toyota matrix straddling the centre island, all 4 wheels off the ground. I sincerely think drivers in this area hit a new low for me.

Today:

Going home in the snowstorm making a right on Bayview from Hwy 7 and i see a Toyota matrix straddling the centre island, all 4 wheels off the ground. I sincerely think drivers in this area hit a new low for me.

Well it is definitely not my latest headshake moment, but I helped rescue someone that that gotten their car stuck on an allowance road many years ago. It was deeply rutted and they were firmly resting on the undercarriage. I was confused how she got all 4 wheels completely in the air and she explained that after she got stuck she dug out the dirt from around all of the tires to help her get unstuck.

Well it is definitely not my latest headshake moment, but I helped rescue someone that that gotten their car stuck on an allowance road many years ago. It was deeply rutted and they were firmly resting on the undercarriage. I was confused how she got all 4 wheels completely in the air and she explained that after she got stuck she dug out the dirt from around all of the tires to help her get unstuck.

How could anyone that intelligent vote for Wynne? Sarcasm font.

Good one!

Refereeing a game on the weekend...
Player A crosschecks Player B twice. Player B responds with a slash.

Blow the whistle. Tell player A he's going to the box for 2 minutes. He freaks out asking if I saw the slash or not - I say "yes I did, but you crosschecked him twice." Player A freaks out some more, so I explain, "Listen, you've got 4 minutes in penalties, he would have had 2. Instead of putting you in the box for 4 full minutes, him in the box for 2 minutes and and additional player from your team to serve the 2 minute differential it's just you." Player A responds that that's not right and that B really needs a penalty.

So, long story short, 3 guys inside the penalty boxes now, with team-mate of Player A giving Player A a proper chewing out for making him sit in the box.

Sigh.

Refereeing a game on the weekend...
Player A crosschecks Player B twice. Player B responds with a slash.

Blow the whistle. Tell player A he's going to the box for 2 minutes. He freaks out asking if I saw the slash or not - I say "yes I did, but you crosschecked him twice." Player A freaks out some more, so I explain, "Listen, you've got 4 minutes in penalties, he would have had 2. Instead of putting you in the box for 4 full minutes, him in the box for 2 minutes and and additional player from your team to serve the 2 minute differential it's just you." Player A responds that that's not right and that B really needs a penalty.

So, long story short, 3 guys inside the penalty boxes now, with team-mate of Player A giving Player A a proper chewing out for making him sit in the box.

Sigh.

Many years ago, pre seat belt law days, a buddy gets pulled over for allegedly a rolling stop. He argues with the cop and gets another ticket for a broken tail light lens. Buddy gets mouthier. Girlfriend is sitting right next to him and cop gives a ticket, crowding the driver's seat.

Cop says "Keep going. I've got lots of ink."

Yup. Shake your head.

Back
Top Bottom