Post your latest head shake moment | GTAMotorcycle.com

Post your latest head shake moment

nobbie48

Site Supporter
This morning wifey say she's going to to try and find the rice vinegar she likes, $3.49 a bottle. The local No Frills doesn't carry it anymore.

I say let my cursor find it for you and voila Google shows a bunch of hits including Amazon.ca. Clicky clicky and there it is at $257.33 a bottle plus shipping from Canada.

She went out and found it at a local Chinese market for $3.99. She should have bought two and put the second on Amazon.

So what's your head shaker?

I just had an amazon delivery (one of their new contract drivers in a rented cargo van). Our street has a slight slope, he tried for 5 minutes to go forwards in the snow, then slid backwards and parked for 5 minutes to change his pants, then backed down the hill. He needs to quit driving before he crashes.

Re:crazy amazon prices. I am always slightly surprised that amazon doesn't clean up that crap. They want to peoples first (and hopefully only) place to shop so you would think their prices would be in the ballpark of competitive. Many listings are many times MSRP. Obviously everyone makes a killing when these are purchased but I think the brand damage exceeds the value of the transaction to Amazon.

Last edited:
Traded my 2001 GL1800 today for a new 2017 Honda CRF250 Rally. WHAT!

asking if after a year of effing around
prov/off court may just see that you are a great guy

that was worth a shake

asking if after a year of effing around
prov/off court may just see that you are a great guy

that was worth a shake

You must have me confused with someone else.;)

New one today, brother inlaw broke the leg off his kitchen table so he burned the entire set including 6 chairs.
Outside! ... he didn't even use it to heat the house!

New one today, brother inlaw broke the leg off his kitchen table so he burned the entire set including 6 chairs.

Story behind how the leg broke off? On second thought, you may not want do know given it's your brother in law. I once saw a spec for a table that mandated "activities" that the table must be able to withstand.

I don't like burning finished wood inside in case it deposits crap in the chimney (which may not be a problem). The bigger issue is the effort required to break up furniture into stove size pieces probably exceeds the value of the heat provided. Outside you can just make a big pile and clean up the steel bits later.

Every family has one.

Spending 3 hours yesterday pulling out the inner fender well and some fairings on my vehicle to access a sensor I wanted to modify...long story.

Then putting everything back together and not checking beforehand that the wires you spliced in were actually connected properly.

They were not.
banghead.gif

Traded my 2001 GL1800 today for a new 2017 Honda CRF250 Rally. WHAT!
Congrats! I love the look of Rally model, cool bike. Will definitely be the best of the bunch for your intended use.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Todays headshake was the 3 cars that had to pull out if front of me in the apex of the ice storm , then couldn'tr accelerate out of the way, followed by the guy I shadowed down the 407 using two lanes at the same time.

Wingboy , I'd like to hear your thoughts after you get a season in. Your getting FI that you didn't want, and a bunch of plastic trim to break.
I'd really like to see them put the 300 engine out of the CB300r into it, or make a CRF450 rally.

Its a really nicely styled bike.

Wasn't me, but on another forum, a member posted that he was asked, "If you don't need a licence to drive/ride an e-bikes why do you need a licence for an electric vehicle?"

Teller at continental currency exchange takes my CAD and hand me back a stack of CAD at the us rate.

Todays headshake was the 3 cars that had to pull out if front of me in the apex of the ice storm , then couldn'tr accelerate out of the way, followed by the guy I shadowed down the 407 using two lanes at the same time.

Wingboy , I'd like to hear your thoughts after you get a season in. Your getting FI that you didn't want, and a bunch of plastic trim to break.
I'd really like to see them put the 300 engine out of the CB300r into it, or make a CRF450 rally.

Its a really nicely styled bike.

I know i know.But i said from the start that i wanted more street than dirt.Fuel injection on this is not as much a pia as my Ossa.I'm thinking of getting some crash guards to save the plastics.And if i don't,the plastics are not very expensive anyway.I did a lot of homework with this one. Something i didn't mention earlier is my history with Honda thumpers.I had a 1979 Honda XL250S for about 46,000km.I rode it everywhere at all speeds (2 sets of gears and wheels/tires) Awesome bike that is on a friends farm to this day.I have 2 "Finisher" 6 hr MX patches earned with it.I know thumpers of that type.Not so much the CB500X tho.

Back on topic nobbie48. Shaking my head at all the knuckleheads today in the ice storm.There was a lot of service vans with summer tires in and around KW sliding all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom