Furniture donations in the west end? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Furniture donations in the west end?

mimico_polak

Site Supporter
So due to some circumstances the MIL will be moving in with us within the next few months, and we don't have the space to bring all her stuff with her.

Can anyone recommend any charities / places / stores that come pick up large furniture in Oakville/West Mississauga? Thinking of getting rid of her sofa, dressers, and the like. The building won't let her leave it out front or in the back due to size, and I don't think it's right to just leave it for the owners to dispose of by just leaving it and walking away from it.

Thanks!

So due to some circumstances the MIL will be moving in with us within the next few months, and we don't have the space to bring all her stuff with her.

Can anyone recommend any charities / places / stores that come pick up large furniture in Oakville/West Mississauga? Thinking of getting rid of her sofa, dressers, and the like. The building won't let her leave it out front or in the back due to size, and I don't think it's right to just leave it for the owners to dispose of by just leaving it and walking away from it.

Thanks!

Habitat For Humanity - I think they pick up ?

Sally Ann will pick up as long as items are in good condition. You may have to email pics first.

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Cool thanks guys. Will call around this weekend.

JB I assume you mean Sally Army not Ann?

If you can move them yourself Sally Ann at Dixie Dundas works. Unfortunately there is a clog in the system with some places that pick up.

A friend called one of them to dispose of her father's furniture after he died and was told she had to pay them to do an evaluation and then wait to see if anyone wanted the stuff. It was mint. He was as fussy as any old spinster.

If you go to craigslist free you will see lots of furniture. In a lot of cases the stuff is worn out but the poster doesn't want to or can't carry it out to the curb. Bring your own truck, can't help load.

I'm sure your MIL's stuff is decent but you have to understand that many people will be cynical.

Back
Top Bottom