How do you feel about the decline of petrol vehicles? | Page 26 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you feel about the decline of petrol vehicles?

When you actually look into it, Samsung does have a lot of quality control issues. The cellphones are one thing (and lets not forget that long before the exploding cellphones there were years and years of failed charging ports, etc), but you only need to look as far as their other products to see that they've had to recall hundreds of thousands of other products over the years for issues ranging from fire risks, to washing machines that literally shake themselves to pieces (injuring people)..and then helpfully sending cable repairmen to fix them.

And when these issues are brought to light they fight consumers (and even governments), provide lacklustre service, and seem to take a lot of effort to weasel out of actually owning up to the issues.

Accordingly, I too do not buy Samsung products whatsoever.

no surprise a lame group like VW has to snap up second tier battery suppliers like LG and Samsung.

Tesla and Toyota stick to quality and leaders in the industry, Panasonic.

Accordingly, I too do not buy Samsung products whatsoever.

Washing machines shake, batteries explode ... It's a war zone out there, I know terrible.

I guess, your car choices will be limited to the cars with Panasonic cells, assuming you want to stick to your Samsung product embargo.

He's not the only one .
We dropped Samsung monitors for their horrid product support and I have over 40 years in electronics and a decade with cameras, Pannie simply rules for being reliable.
Even their home phones you can't kill.

One of the key aspects of my faith in Tesla over time is the partnership with Panasonic.

Samsung is rife with issues

one of many articles,,

Samsung failures- Toxic Internal Culture reflecting in products - LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/.../samsung-failures-toxic-internal-culture-reflecting-gaurav...
Oct 15, 2016 - As perceived earlier in my previous article, the mounting problems Samsung is facing from its 5 series product to recent withdrawal of 7 series model, directly costing USD 18 Billion and indirectly much more, is not just because of technical issues but dives down deep into organisational culture and ...

Samsung, Lotte and the Problems With Chaebols: QuickTake Q&A ...
https://www.bloomberg.com/.../samsung-lotte-and-the-problems-with-chaebols-quickt...
Oct 26, 2016 - While Samsung and Lotte Group are going through very different crises -- Samsung had to abandon a popular smartphone due to batteries that caught fire; ... family faces trial on charges of embezzlement and tax evasion -- both now face questions about corporate leadership, governance and culture.

I much prefer Japan Inc over Korea Inc.

Washing machines shake, batteries explode ... It's a war zone out there, I know terrible.

Other manufacturers don't have the issues many Samsung products do.

Samsung has it's feet in so many swimming pools (they make everything from vending machines to toilet seats, and seemingly every other product in between) that they seem to have reached a point where they are putting quantity before quality.

As a consumer I have the ability to speak with my wallet, which I've chosen to do whenever possible. I am NOT someone who believes in being an apologist for any brand/manufacturer (because fanboy) if there's reason to suspect there's better alternatives. IE, I like Apple products, but I will readily throw them under the bus (and yes, consider alternatives) when justified.

I have owned Samsung products before and had bad experiences, and I do not like their corporate culture nor consumer satisfaction track record, hence my personal views on the matter.

I don't think its fair to paint Samsung with the same brush across all product lines.

Few would fault the quality of their phones and tablets arguably the best hardware in the business. Even Apple relies heavily on samsung for supply components. I also believe their washers and dryers are another strength.

I agree, Samsung have their hands in many businesses and can't be "the best at everything", but a fool would right them off as being garbage across all their product lines.

As for Panasonic, they are killing it in the battery business. No surprise, super high quality and been doing it for many years. I don't follow cordless tool tech anymore, but last time I checked, Even their cordless tools are rated tops, because they are the only company that design the battery AND the tool, which means they work well together for optimal performance.

http://shop.panasonic.com/home-and-...rt=1&cgid=power-tools-and-ventilation-systems

Panasonic's exclusive Li-ion battery technology produces less internal heat buildup that can kill battery packs. The battery packs also feature Panasonic's Solid Solution technology, a proprietary process for dissolving and hardening cobalt and nickel and other key battery components. This unique chemistry dramatically improves battery pack safety, reliability and power output. A special heat-resistant ceramic coating layer separates cells and protects them from heat buildup. Together, the chemistry, battery design and manufacturing process add up to powerful batteries that promise to deliver long running lives.
Battery packs that are smart, too

Last edited:
Ontario EV drivers have no worries on this count as we are just about fossil free...
Interesting improvements even in the US tho...

What's The Effective MPG Of An Electric Car? It Depends On Where You Live
11 diggs Maps
The efficiency of your electric vehicle depends on where exactly your electricity is coming from — which varies depending on where you live.
6bf5c985bf0f44ebb1fcaf95709d8024_3a0fd41251c34757a1c37dd6b63d9deb_1_post.jpeg

http://digg.com/2018/electric-car-efficiency-map

Agreed, it's getting better and better, it will continue to be the case, even though DT would like us to believe that clean cola is just around the corner .... LOL ....

This map and trend in general should be liked by any ordinary Joe, not just people who drive EV's ....

Another manufacturer is going electric.Still not good enough for me tho.Battery needs a LOT more capacity.
[video=youtube;otuI3HI0U2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuI3HI0U2E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Another manufacturer is going electric.Still not good enough for me tho.Battery needs a LOT more capacity.
[video=youtube;otuI3HI0U2E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otuI3HI0U2E&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Electric may be faster/cheaper to operate and more reliable but damn I hate the sound.

Electric may be faster/cheaper to operate and more reliable but damn I hate the sound.

I thought the exact same thing,until i rode one.Didn't miss the noise at all.

I thought the exact same thing,until i rode one.Didn't miss the noise at all.

And that's how it goes with 90% of people who try one. Whether car or motorcycle. And I always counted myself as a guy who appreciates nice exhaust sounds. At the end of the day, to most of us, it's just something our mind easily give up even though we don't think so initially.

It's hard to comment on it with very little specs released, mainly the motor and battery specs. At this point it's just prototype which will get some viewing in summer during some trial races. I bet it will be expensive though ....

"
To keep weight to a minimum, the TY-E features a carbon-fibre monocoque chassis. The batteries sit inside the frame itself. It’s incredibly strong and light, helping the whole machine weigh under 70kg."

The battery will for sure be small. But you'd expect that for a closed circuit purpose machine.

On the other hand, how much capacity do you really need for a trial bike? Since you are stating you need a "lot more"? What I would prefer, instead of dragging a large battery all the time I would seldom need, a spare battery pack charged and ready to swap in a minute or two. The issue for now remains the price of extra packs .... pricey due to small production volumes.

I'd say lets have this same discussion in 2022 and on and I'm fairly confident you will see Hydrogen stations popping up more frequently and the cars to go with them.

as mass adoption begins, prices with tumble, everyone including govt and auto execs agree on this. we already have 2 hydrogen fill stations coming to toronto very soon.

Hi, this is 2022 calling.

No filling stations in Toronto. 4 in all of Canada still, 3 in Vancouver and one in Quebec.

Can't even buy a FCEV here in Ontario.

Honda cancelled the Clarity FCEV, leaving only the Toyota Mirai (Available only in Quebec) and Hyundai Nexo (only available in California).

Hi, this is 2022 calling.

No filling stations in Toronto. 4 in all of Canada still, 3 in Vancouver and one in Quebec.

Can't even buy a FCEV here in Ontario.

Honda cancelled the Clarity FCEV, leaving only the Toyota Mirai (Available only in Quebec) and Hyundai Nexo (only available in California).

As usual Europe leads the way

Americans don't even want EV's. Not the Volt for sure. It was cancelled with the Bolt soon to follow. let alone hydrogen

I can't fix a bunch of sleepy heads..,

BreakableDeliciousCapybara-size_restricted.gif

As expected LOL

There's so much BS and politics... Mostly politics surrounding this push towards all EV all the time...

EVs have their fan boys for sure, but...
For the vast majority they just don't cut it.
I'll drive an EV when Justin Trudeau gives up flying to Tofino to go surfing for he weekend.

Now... build me a cool peddle car and we can talk

Back
Top Bottom