June 7 2018 Ontario Election | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 7 2018 Ontario Election

As much as I don't like Brown, seems like he was guilty until proven innocent. All men needs due process.

the timing is very interesting, and Brown is a complete moron.
I'd like to see him proven out in court, but even if he is completely not guilty, which is possible , his career is cooked. PC's will run from him screaming, and even if a paper trail leads to a liberal coup, they'll just shred some papers and fry a couple hard drives and walk away whistling. We are such a mess.

Hey PC's , go find a leader that's not an F'in dum dum. ..... please.

Even if they could prove a Liberal conspiracy the chances of a complete re-election is nil.

The way I see it, based on the series of events, there are two possible scenarios:

-Inside job, true or false the accusations were pushed forward from within the party as a coup d'état to push him out. This is why his team quit as a group because they were in on the coup.

-It is true and his team knew it and the rats jumped from the sinking ship.

The key here is his team jumping off the ship right away. If these were just totally false hail marry accusations as part of a Liberal conspiracy it is in the best interest for him and the party to fight them given the election is 5 months away. Something really smells about how this was handled by the PC team when it came out. Why would they tell him to step down like that and then quit as a group we he doesn't--why not double down????

It sucks for Ontario, because now the NDP are the only option and the PCs are likely to slide back to fringe party status--bigotry and trickle down economics, catering to their out of touch "base."

I had lots of concerns about Brown BUT he was until yesterday the least worst choice for Ontario.
This... great post.

The last electable Tory was... well.. John Tory and he managed to screw thar one up with the school issue that he brought up out of nowhere.

Why they can't put in a progressive candidate and just promise more fiscal responsibility and lowering some taxes is beyond me. They can't seem to get out of their own way abd bring in old Reform Party type crap which will not sell in Ontario.

Because the Red Tories were driven out by the Evangelicals and Reformers.

Brown was a trojan horse, all the nutters were still there he was only keeping the lid on. The long knives came out yesterday.

-Inside job, true or false the accusations were pushed forward from within the party as a coup d'état to push him out. This is why his team quit as a group because they were in on the coup.

^------ This.

As much as I don't like Brown, seems like he was guilty until proven innocent. All men needs due process.

His indiscretions have been whispered about for quite a long time. It was the worst kept secret in the PC party.

Like what .... pro-life and sex ed wisdom they are trying to impose on any modern thinking person?

I have been really waiting and waiting for the PC party to put their **** together for 3 or so years now .... and they just simply cannot. That is my impression of their effort so far. I guess it's not easy for current PC party to get to the power.

Nah just the lgbt and the muslims...lol

That's in a court of law and no, he is still innocent.

The court of public opinion has no such standards.

Could be a good thing. Find someone more promising. Let's hope!
That's what I thought at first, but the more I think about it the more I realize the party is too fractured to rally around a process and a candidate even in an emergency like this. The SoCons won't pass up the chance to say 'I told you so' and demand their candidate of choice, while the other front runners will try to shove their way to the front regardless of the cost to the party. Such a mess.

You only have responsible government when you have capable opposition. The current power leader needs to understand the opposition is in the capacity to step up and form a government.
Its been a decade of poor opposition and we are seeing the result of that, I fear it will continue.

You only have responsible government when you have capable opposition. The current power leader needs to understand the opposition is in the capacity to step up and form a government.
Its been a decade of poor opposition and we are seeing the result of that, I fear it will continue.

Well said.To quote the great Christie Blatchford..."we get the government we deserve".

No,i won't quote Black.Uggghh,politics and bikes.

I like Conrad Black and his ability use 11 syllable words I've never heard of. Hes an interesting read.

He's also an incredible horses arse , megalomaniac and possible nutter. But he does have a firm opinion on things.

That's in a court of law and no, he is still innocent.

The court of public opinion has no such standards.
Jagmeet, is that you?

Somebody's career is destroyed with just random accusations. I hope none of you have to go through that.

to the "oh what impeccable timing for this to come out" crowd, come on, there's a WAVE of it happening, first huge one being Weinstein and one of the latest (questionable) ones being Ansari...without forgetting some guy in Trudeau's administration, all the women (and men) are coming out of the woodwork to call out douchey ppl..

So whether it's true or not, it's not an impeccably timed conspiracy timing imo... it's more of a continuation of the wave that has started hitting us.
On the other end of the spectrum, you've got our neighbours down south with someone admitting to committing it, and still holds the highest office. So not all careers and lives get destroyed by this kind of situation, just need enough power ;)

Next up: A high-school or college girl(s) to come out of the woodwork and accuse Wynne of bad-behaviour 30 years ago.

Wait for it...

Next up: A high-school or college girl(s) to come out of the woodwork and accuse Wynne of bad-behaviour 30 years ago.

Wait for it...
HAHAHAHAH
i see what you did there.
"i was in the womb, and she did something to my mother, i'm scarred for life"

(that would make her really bad at school too)

Brown's own party did him in. It was an inside job, they couldn't stand him and this conveniently came to light. Watch what happens in the leadership race, it'll all make sense then. My money's on Macleod or Mulroney.

LOL ... you might be right. As wrong as it sounds, but would not surprise me one bit.

I have to say though, it's ridiculous how little this court of public opinion needs these days ... it has to stop at some point (I have a feeling that people will turn their backs on #MeeToo, because they are simply getting fed up with all the people getting caught in this wide net, therefore people who really were abused or assaulted will not be heard ....). I do hope that Brown will take a serious legal action, because some of the hearsay coming from the accusers was border-line laughable (like not making sense if one is as heavily intoxicated as they made it sound like). That's my wife talking, not even me ....

Back
Top Bottom