June 7 2018 Ontario Election | GTAMotorcycle.com

June 7 2018 Ontario Election

Oh F, I can't wait!

Its going to be close see if they can pull out a third defeat to an unpopular government from what should be a easy win.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think the Libs are going to start buying votes even harder now than before. A few of my friends already said they're voting Liberals because:

1 - hydro went down 25%
2 - raises for minimum wage
3 - extra week vacation at work

And the union push towards Liberals I'm sure will be strong as well. Last time the members at work were recommended to vote Liberals so that the big bad Cons don't make it in...

Let's see if the Cons can **** this up like last time with Hudak's "I will fire 100,000 people" fiasco...

I can’t see the difference between the NDP and Liberals anymore.

Conservatives are without a paddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope you are kidding. If those are their legitimate reasons its no wonder the liberals keep getting voted in.

I wish I was kidding. This is why they keep winning, they keep buying the votes and people have short memories.

I really hope you are kidding. If those are their legitimate reasons its no wonder the liberals keep getting voted in.

I know eh, it's sheep mentality. Plus the liberals have all the gov workers and teachers in their pockets for votes. If the conservatives use a modern strategy instead of the negative typical attack ads they might have a chance.

Sent from the moon!

Kathy's approval rating is supposedly going up. WTF???

Pat Brown , pull your finger out and start making some public appearances that matter.

If kathy get back in power I might have to speed up my search for another country to live in

If the conservatives use a modern strategy instead of the negative typical attack ads they might have a chance.

Like what .... pro-life and sex ed wisdom they are trying to impose on any modern thinking person?

I have been really waiting and waiting for the PC party to put their **** together for 3 or so years now .... and they just simply cannot. That is my impression of their effort so far. I guess it's not easy for current PC party to get to the power.

Lots of conbot drama already here about unions etc.....

Then cue tears, "I am going to move" stuff. Just like all the people that were moving from the US when Trump won, moving out of Toronto when Miller or Ford won. Left or right drama is drama. But lets talk math instead of drama for a second...

The libs won the last election because the cons crapped the bed hard--they did not buy it. The unions were ****** at the libs (forcing contracts) and they were positioned to fight the lids...so the cons figured, lets piss them off more with their 100,000 pledge, and waxing poetic about right to work (not part of the end platform but still pushed early on). Simple as that. Short and sweet, in Ontario about a quarter of the workers are in a union (Stats Canada), and that works out to say 25 to 40% of all households have one (or more) person in a union...it takes a special kind of stupid to go teaparty and attack 25 to 40% of the voters (encouraging them to vote against you) and expect to win. Add that to the bigotry alienating any progressive voter--I was shocked they did as well as they did. Simple math, you need to get more votes than your competition, you can't win by catering to a small (and shrinking) base, you don't have to like it but it is what it is.

Two kids in the school yard are in a fight (libs and unions), smart thing to do is let them fight. Dumb thing to do is step in and pick a fight with both of them so they team up against you. AND THEN CRY ABOUT IT!

Brown maybe seems to get it (union and bigotry wise), not sure if the rest of the party does. I just hope Patrick Brown the bigot is actually done and he has had a epiphany--and is not just lying to us all.

Sadly enough, this summer at Taste of the Kingsway Brown was there. We tried to meet him and got pushed away by his team and told he is only here to meet his volunteers! I then watched them literally push their way through the crowd with a wall of his people circling him not acknowledging anyone but the people handing out his fliers. I am pretty sure he lost quite a few voters that day, total buffoonery. You can't win an election by just having your flier people vote for you... The way they went through the crowd you would think he was Kim Kardashian. I want to like the guy but he sure makes it hard.

The Ontario Liberals have to go, but it is up to the other parties to give a legit alternative. The PCs had a perfect storm last time and screwed it up royally. Last time it was easy, keep the bigotry to a min, don't pick a fight with the unions, slam dunk (why do the opposite unless you want to lose???).

Last edited:
If kathy get back in power I might have to speed up my search for another country to live in

What province is best if another country won't take us.

I've got a friend in Nova Scotia and he says there are a lot of good and inexpensive places to live down there. Sadly, the good ones aren't inexpensive and the inexpensive ones aren't good.

Is there a politician satisfaction chart that gives us an idea of who has the most competent politicians? Would any of them take us?

Like what .... pro-life and sex ed wisdom they are trying to impose on any modern thinking person?

I have been really waiting and waiting for the PC party to put their **** together for 3 or so years now .... and they just simply cannot. That is my impression of their effort so far. I guess it's not easy for current PC party to get to the power.

I don't have an answer for that. But doing the same thing is not working for them.

Looking at both Obama, Trudeau, even Trump to some extent, put on some smart strategy. Grass roots, embracing youth, and new methods of communication twitter etc. appealing to peoples needs rather then fears.

So have I, lets hope they get it together, because this mess of red is disgusting.

Lol, life is so rough in Ontario. Try Somalia, I hear it's a Libertarian paradise...

Liberal majority, again.

What province is best if another country won't take us.

I've got a friend in Nova Scotia and he says there are a lot of good and inexpensive places to live down there. Sadly, the good ones aren't inexpensive and the inexpensive ones aren't good.

Is there a politician satisfaction chart that gives us an idea of who has the most competent politicians? Would any of them take us?
Problem is, I don't like the snow & cold. I intend to retire on a small tropical island. Low cost of living & safe.
Lol, life is so rough in Ontario. Try Somalia, I hear it's a Libertarian paradise...

Liberal majority, again.
Last I checked, Somalia doesn't have a legitimate form of government. Safety wise, that's a no-go for me.

Back
Top Bottom