Interesting new tool | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting new tool

I have seen it before, thought as well it could be useful .... but, what in the world does it work on???

Not supported:
* Samsung Note 7
* LG G4
* Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
* Pixel 2
* All HOMTOM models
* All Asus models
* All Blackberry models
* All Alcatel models
* All BQ models
* All Vodaphone models
* All Moto (Motorola) models
* All Kyocera models

I have seen it before, thought as well it could be useful .... but, what in the world does it work on???

Not supported:
* Samsung Note 7
* LG G4
* Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
* Pixel 2
* All HOMTOM models
* All Asus models
* All Blackberry models
* All Alcatel models
* All BQ models
* All Vodaphone models
* All Kyocera models

It won't work with my Iphone either. Apparently Apple takes too long to approve apps.

If I wanted to buy a working, non connected something-that-works I suppose I could use it as a separate unit. Except I don't really need one that bad now.

The phone has to allow USB OTG which some of those phones don't support.

EDIT) you can use the code SAVE5 to save 5 dollars

Last edited:
Read a few reviews on this and it had mixed reviews - typically bad reviews from people that work in the construction/renovation business, and good reviews from DIYers.

There are free less fancy stud finder apps that work OK.
Was able to find the metal studs behind my wall... At which point I decided to give up on wall mounting my TV when I discovered they were metal... I should have known...

My cell phone is the LAST tool I would want to be pulling out on a jobsite. Buy a dam studfinder, or get a pretty pink toolbox with a 1.5oz hammer and 0.3v drill to go with your apps.

Not supported:
* Samsung Note 7
* LG G4
* Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
* Pixel 2
* All HOMTOM models
* All Asus models
* All Blackberry models
* All Alcatel models
* All BQ models
* All Vodaphone models
* All Kyocera models

Do they publish a short list of what it does work with? I would consider a cheap used non connected phone to use only with the scanner but not chucking a $1,000 phone and buying a new $1,000 phone only to find they make my first phone compatible a month later.

Do they publish a short list of what it does work with? I would consider a cheap used non connected phone to use only with the scanner but not chucking a $1,000 phone and buying a new $1,000 phone only to find they make my first phone compatible a month later.

It looks like you need USB OTG without compatibility issues as well as Android 5.0 or higher. Something like a Galaxy S4 or newer should work.

I expected this would suck as most of the pics appear photoshopped, but the video looked like it may have shown the screen in actual use and it wasn't bad. Reading reviews brings me back around to useless toy that isn't worth using in the vast majority of cases.

It looks like you need USB OTG without compatibility issues as well as Android 5.0 or higher. Something like a Galaxy S4 or newer should work.

I expected this would suck as most of the pics appear photoshopped, but the video looked like it may have shown the screen in actual use and it wasn't bad. Reading reviews brings me back around to useless toy that isn't worth using in the vast majority of cases.

I have a $5000 infrared camera and compared it to a couple hundred dollar dongle one. The couple hundred dollar one worked but the resolution sucked by comparison, worse than my 15 year old camera.

If a Walabot could be made workable for $100 or so I could justify it but buying the higher priced model and a phone to make it work is going to be over ten times that, just guessing. For that I'd want a demo.

I had been approached a few years ago by a manufacturer selling a unit that seemed somewhat similar in concept but stand alone. It was $50,000. I didn't bother with a trial but later spoke with someone that tried one and it was a joke. Slow and vague. Try scanning a wall at a square foot per minute.

Back
Top Bottom