ABS promotion or ABS deception? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

ABS promotion or ABS deception?

...and, there is an ABS defeat dongle that plugs into the harness on the ZX10R to defeat the ABS for racing purposes but there isn't one for my bike. Stupid plan. So a highly experienced rider obviously has no use for ABS on a track yet a highly experienced rider on an H2 has no choice but you're stuck with it. Stupid.

It has to work properly 100 percent of the time PERIOD! My braking isn't good just 99 percent of the time or at every 100th stop light that I come to I would likely be killed. This is how I feel about ABS. It is not a fool proof system which it should be if it is regulating my brakes. I almost flee off a mountain on an SV650 from the office when I lived in vancouver. During an extremely aggressive corner entry I yanked the brakes and they completely went away! There was a 1000 ft drop on my right if I didn't make the corner. I hung it in way hotter than I ever would.
ABS can be useful to many riders but the rest of us should have the option to shut it off so we can eliminate that 1 percent chance of dying when we're not even out to push our luck.

In your mountain ride.

You were happy you has ABS or no?

All I'm going to say at this point is that my normal street riding and driving must be within bounds, because I almost never reach the ABS threshold except for intentional attempts to see what the system will do or to feel for how much traction we have.

All I'm going to say at this point is that my normal street riding and driving must be within bounds, because I almost never reach the ABS threshold except for intentional attempts to see what the system will do or to feel for how much traction we have.
I'll always give you credit for being a good rider Brian and being more responsible than I but I can surely say that you are well capable of exceeding ABS ability if you had to. In my opinion ABS is dangerous for those who don't count it.

I bet I could remove it from any motorcycle.

The Euroweenie regulators don't want (perceived) safety devices to be able to be turned off. Neither do American lawyers itching for business. You can't turn off ABS in any car, you can't turn off ABS on any (pavement-oriented street legal European-registered) motorcycle. I understand that some dual-purpose/dirt-oriented ADV style bikes have ABS systems in which the rear ABS can be turned off ... this was probably allowed by the European regulators after considerable protestation from users.

[video=youtube_share;B-cLC-DJBmE]https://youtu.be/B-cLC-DJBmE?t=10m45s[/video]

:) Start at 10:45

The latest craze in distracted driving
Helmet cam <- something that makes it OK to talk to yourself while you ride along public roads making dangerous hand gestures. :lmao:

Holy dude, is that you the video?
Put your hands on the bars, fingers on the controls, pay attention to Everything going on around you and don't ride so erratic. Or step away from the motorcycle! Nanny aids are not going to save you riding like that!

Last edited:
The latest craze in distracted driving
Helmet cam <- something that makes it OK to talk to yourself while you ride along public roads making dangerous hand gestures. :lmao:

Holy dude, is that you the video?
Put your hands on the bars, fingers on the controls, pay attention to Everything going on around you and don't ride so erratic. Or step away from the motorcycle! Nanny aids are not going to save you riding like that!

Eh? I wish i had a Super Duke R! No that's Zack Courts, a well respected motorcycle journalist.

Also did you see the palm trees? Hello Cali!

Eh? I wish i had a Super Duke R! No that's Zack Courts, a well respected motorcycle journalist.
Also did you see the palm trees? Hello Cali!
Good, I'm glad it wasn't you. Zack needs to learn to keep his hands on the controls more.
Or stick with journalism.

Wasn't he a top club racer at one point? Seen that dude do wheelies....around a corner

Wasn't he a top club racer at one point? Seen that dude do wheelies....around a corner

I don't think so. He's just very gifted.

Back
Top Bottom