Caliper rebuild kits for auto? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Caliper rebuild kits for auto?

boyoboy

Priced new calipers for my taurus. Expensive at near $100 each; especially if you want to replace all four. My auto parts guy didn't have a listing for rebuild kits. Anyone have a lead on where to get rebuild kits?

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I looked up dorman on the comp and they listed my parts guy as a dorman supplier. Gave them a call about the rebuild kits blah blah haven't sold one in 15 years lol. His price quote on the calipers came down from $87 to $58 - all good going to buy the calipers like everyone else.

good outcome

I'm a fan of DIY, but brake calipers on a family car is kinda risky

Dorman, at any parts store.

I would not use anything from Dorman - their quality is horrible and failure rate is high.

Hey guys thanks for the replys. I looked up dorman on the comp and they listed my parts guy as a dorman supplier. Gave them a call about the rebuild kits blah blah haven't sold one in 15 years lol. His price quote on the calipers came down from $87 to $58 - all good going to buy the calipers like everyone else.

Why would you even think about rebuilding car calipers ; unless no-rebuild ones are available - why?
Have you checked your piston condition ? for car that vintage - they might be pitted

I like the part where they dropped from $87 to $53.

at $53 who would get their fingers dirty talking rebuild.

I needed a center link (steering part) on older ford F150, UAP @ $257.00 , Ford part 161.00 , supposedly both made by TRW in the first place. Big swings.

I like the part where they dropped from $87 to $53.

at $53 who would get their fingers dirty talking rebuild.

I needed a center link (steering part) on older ford F150, UAP @ $257.00 , Ford part 161.00 , supposedly both made by TRW in the first place. Big swings.

The margin on consumables are extremely high ; but you get what you pay for...

I would never anything from Cardone or Dorman

NAPA has semi-loaded calipers for $70 for a 5 year old Taurus.

NAPA has semi-loaded calipers for $70 for a 5 year old Taurus.

I have the Napa rebuild ones all around on my F150 ; 3 yrs and doing well so far.

Try rockauto.com

Been good for me several times

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I love Rock Auto, caveat emptor on certain brands they carry but the same thing goes for any parts store around here anyway

Back
Top Bottom