DAKAR 2018 Rally Raid | GTAMotorcycle.com

DAKAR 2018 Rally Raid

What a wonder that dude is eh?!
Go Lyndon Poskitt!
Also cheering for Jack Lundin!!!
One more sleep!

They will have to start calling it very soon KTM Rally .... over 100 bikes out of 136 is reportedly KTM. Crazy control by one manufacturer ... KTM must be laughing all the way to the bank.

They will have to start calling it very soon KTM Rally .... over 100 bikes out of 136 is reportedly KTM. Crazy control by one manufacturer ... KTM must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I thought about buying an ex-dakar KTM when I bought the Ape. It had done dakar a couple times and IIRC another race and was a few years old and the damned thing still cost a fortune (I am pretty sure it was well over $20K). I would hate to see what they want for them new.

A lot, just read about it the other day .... stock in box from KTM is apparently EUR 26K. Plus most people, pay another EUR 14K for better exhaust, suspension, navigation setup etc.

Factory makes only 70 new machines/year and they are very picky whether they sell you one or not. I guess if I tell them I have 100hrs riding Ganaraska, they will politely decline my money ... LOL

Lyndon, for example, is not on a new bike, he just got new engine, I believe ... so there's all kinds of refresh programs as well.

If that number is true the situation is changing and will continue to change. As of the end of stage 5 there is only 1 KTM in the top 5 standings (overall) and only 4 in the top 10 overall. Granted there is still a ton of orange bikes in this race but over the years that's been changing slowly.

Are you saying that number of KTM bikes overall is DECLINING in this Rally? Source pls? Just because its hard to believe and here's why .... The fact reflects not who is in top 5 or 10 standing on KTM .... these are purely factory efforts, so yes, Honda can put on the line 3 or 4 competitive bikes with very good riders on-board. But the non-factory riders, privateers choose mostly KTM, not Honda or Yamaha or anything else. Reason being, the privateer support program ran by KTM is unmatched by any other competitor. Why? No idea, perhaps they don't care about the privateers business as much? Or their bikes need factory money to make it through the rally? Don't know, but I find it a staggering number.

Back
Top Bottom