Insurance went down in 2018? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance went down in 2018?

arogal

I was bored last night and thought to shop around for some insurance quotes for fun. Well it turns out that TD (for me at least) have severely dropped their rates. Below are the following rates I got from September 2017 compared to yesterday with TD:
Yamaha R3 (current bike that I pay $1100/yr with Dalton Timmis)
  • Sept $1050
  • Yesterday $658
2007 GSXR750
  • Sept $3400/yr
  • Yesterday $1930/yr
2014 Street Triple R
  • Sept $1800
  • Yesterday $995

I have never shopped for insurance this time of year before, but it shouldnt make a difference as TD premiums are paid from March-October, but can ride the whole yr. Keep in mind that these rates were as if I was to insure these bikes March 1st. For some reason, if I wanted to insure the bike today it was going to cost almost double the amount....doesn't really make any sense, so I kept it as March.
Dalton Timmis are d!ck heads when it comes to cancelling policies as you need to pay out a certain percentage of your premium depending the time of year it is cancelled (nov-feb is $0). So my plan is to cancel Dalton Timmis beginning of Feb and hop on board with TD as of March 1st so they lock the $$$ in for the years for the 30 days in Feb.

Has anyone else noticed this? Does my plan sound like it makes sense to you? I've always stayed with the same insurance for cars, and am new to the whole bike insurance BS when it comes to changing providers.
Thanks!

Not saying your wrong but its a golden rule to never trust or follow online quotes, call and see.

Zero tickets or accidents on license. Full M. >45 years old. Advanced rider training.
2012 KTM RC8r

2016 TD Meloche Monnex - $1300 Stand alone
2017 TD Meloche Monnex - $1830 (huge jump when State Farm basically quit sport bikes) Stand alone
2018 TD Meloche Monnex - $1890 Stand alone
2018 All State (with house and truck bundled) - $860.

All said and done, I'm going to save about $1000 a year by switching and bundling. TD-MM wanted $600 more than All State on the same policy.
Increased catastrophic damage/rehab coverage (1m/3m), increased wage replacement to $1000, sewer backup for the house etc.

Not saying your wrong but its a golden rule to never trust or follow online quotes, call and see.
depending on the programs that you are using.
lowestrates.ca and insurancehotline.com are extremely accurate in the way that they use live rates from the insurance companies, where the issue lies is with the person entering the information.
license dates, vehicle information, coverages, km to and from work and per year, purchase dates and new vs used, and a big one is canceled policies and people entering that they have had prior insurance but they havent.

it doesnt look like lowestrates.ca does motorcycle quotes but insurancehotline.com does. i remember a few months ago i came across a really nice website for quoting motorcycles, ill see if i can dig it up...it may have even been posted on here before or i found it on instagram.

I did not get these rates online. They were all provided to me over the phone with TD. I am 29 (will be 30 in March... Maybe why rates cheaper?), and have had my M2 for almost 2 years.

I have been with TD for a few years. At first, they were priced well below the others but they increase bit by bit every year. It's now to the point where they are crazy with what they want me to pay. My bike insurance alone jumped $400 this year. No accidents, tickets, nada! Needless to say, I'm shopping around too! If anyone has suggestions please post up or PM me.

I have been with TD for a few years. At first, they were priced well below the others but they increase bit by bit every year. It's now to the point where they are crazy with what they want me to pay. My bike insurance alone jumped $400 this year. No accidents, tickets, nada! Needless to say, I'm shopping around too! If anyone has suggestions please post up or PM me.

Give Allstate a call. I'm currently with TDMM for everything and if/when I switch I will be saving around $900-1,000 a year.
If they were going to insure just the bike they would still save me about $200 a year.

Give Allstate a call. I'm currently with TDMM for everything and if/when I switch I will be saving around $900-1,000 a year.
If they were going to insure just the bike they would still save me about $200 a year.

Thanks Katatonic.

Just got off the phone with Allstate. Gave all my info and just from his initial data input into the system, they are way over what I'm paying currently. He's going to properly write up the quote and send it to me in the morning but it's not looking promising.

I did not get these rates online. They were all provided to me over the phone with TD. I am 29 (will be 30 in March... Maybe why rates cheaper?), and have had my M2 for almost 2 years.
I would think that the 30 part has a lot to do with the price drop. Congrats on suddenly maturing!

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

You are 100% correct. I talked with someone at TD again yesterday (who actually knew what they were talking about) and asked me when I turn 30. She put in the day before I turn 30, and then my b-day in Feb...Voila! Insurance was immediately cut in half on my birthday. Sucks feeling old, but it's nice that I can afford insurance for any 600SS bike for $1700-$1900/yr (in comparison to $3300-$3500/yr).
I would think that the 30 part has a lot to do with the price drop. Congrats on suddenly maturing!

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I've been with TD ever since I bought my fz6 3.5 years ago, and they keep increasing my premium yearly. Got online quote from riders plus (echon) for $180/less a year today.

Been with TD for years as well. I have home, auto and motorcycles under a multi-line agreement. They increased the premiums on my motorcycles by a tiny bit but lowered my auto and house insurance by a moderate amount; ended up saving overall although not specifically on the bikes.

Back
Top Bottom