Is this a good deal/price? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this a good deal/price?

Well the bikes been sold now.

To me. Can't wait for March :eek: Insurance quoted at $130 which I'm fine with as well.
I did give the used Moto buying guide/post on here a read and went ahead and looked through everything I could. Nothing particularly stood out as wrong.

Reeeee.
IMO - Rates change, you are signing a 1 year insurance policy anyway so get that started now.

OP your new bike is awesome and I envy your newness. Learn to ride really well and don't learn to rely totally on the nanny features.
add: be skeptical of comparison demonstration videos of motorcycles with or without ABS! Most if not all of those U-tubes are contrived to promote the ABS feature, ABS will Not prevent you from intentionally throwing a motorcycle into a sideways slide, if you see that being demonstrated it is because the rider is a stunt rider and has been directed to do so, it is not because a non ABS equipped motorcycle can not brake in a straight line without ABS!

OP your new bike is awesome and I envy your newness. Learn to ride really well and don't learn to rely totally on the nanny features.
add: be skeptical of comparison demonstration videos of motorcycles with or without ABS! Most if not all of those U-tubes are contrived to promote the ABS feature, ABS will Not prevent you from intentionally throwing a motorcycle into a sideways slide, if you see that being demonstrated it is because the rider is a stunt rider and has been directed to do so, it is not because a non ABS equipped motorcycle can not brake in a straight line without ABS!

It cant? Those bastards lied.

2017 Fz09 for sale. :rolleyes:

It cant? Those bastards lied.
2017 Fz09 for sale. :rolleyes:
To be fair the riders did it for the money and because they are told to, the producers should be **** & ****** on for their part in the scam:
[video=youtube_share;dJ_UkAFW6cA]https://youtu.be/dJ_UkAFW6cA[/video]
Unless somebody actually believes that ABS prevents you from cranking the steering full lock turn in the same direction ever time.
I dare them to remove the train wheels and try it again while not wearing leathers!

Here's another one, different bikes, same stunt:
[video=youtube_share;-Zv3Sacl7JQ]https://youtu.be/-Zv3Sacl7JQ[/video]

In others the rider very obviously isn't even applying the rear brake!
[video=youtube_share;qFw3HuFgq8A]https://youtu.be/qFw3HuFgq8A[/video]
ABS might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but promoting its sale or suggesting it should be mandatory by using videos like these is a shameful SCAM!

In others the rider very obviously isn't even applying the rear brake!
[video=youtube_share;qFw3HuFgq8A]https://youtu.be/qFw3HuFgq8A[/video]
ABS might be the greatest thing since sliced bread, but promoting its sale or suggesting it should be mandatory by using videos like these is a shameful SCAM!
https://youtu.be/hHRWg91hv-ML here is a vidoe of a good abs system doing its job.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

And for you doubters, I have 48 years experience.

I'm just gonna point out that this doesn't mean anything.

Many can easily outride those who have more years of experience because they regularly read, update, and practice riding techniques.

Even then, there are riders that are simply gifted and dedicated; I met a rider who started riding 2 years ago at Mosport's RDT. He was on a Ducati Monster in yellow group, then moved to red with my buddy (who has ridden for 10~ years). Last season, he returned with an R6. My buddy and I were not happy because his underpowered bike was the only reason why we were keeping up.

And judging but your post...you don't know about how ABS can save highsides do you? lol Also, your wife's ABS is completely ****ed. I've ridden an ABS equipped motorcycle on a race track, ABS did not turn on even when I pulled a micro-stoppie down a backstraight.

Last edited:
https://youtu.be/hHRWg91hv-ML here is a vidoe of a good abs system doing its job.
Very dramatic video editing but, Explain to me why the camera HAD to change zoom and frame at precisely 1:49 and suddenly by 1:50 the bike had moved a bike length forward and the front wheel was magically over steering? :rolleyes: I smell another SCAM!

Cornering ABS might be the best thing since sliced bread, but don't resort to stunts and trickery to demonstrate it or it draws into question the validity of the entire process.

... everything after the instant where he loses it is pure drama. This could happen to you fear mongering.

Last edited:
When I ride my wife's SV, The ABS kicks in at almost every stop. There is always ripples or bumps leading up to any stop sign or stop light.
I grew up at age 6 riding motocross.
Backing it into corners is a given with me.

Threshold braking is not so hard with experience.

If I am heading into impending doom. I will threshold brake until it becomes apparent I must slide the rear end in a way to avoid physical injury.

I always want the ability to slide my rear end where ever I wish to.

One day my wife and I were out Sunday riding.
She with ABS and I without.

She was about 8 bike lengths behind me.

We were approaching a stop light. As I got close, it went yellow.
I was pretty close to the white stop line, and she was not.
I decided for her safety, to stop.

I stopped before the white line. I saw her fly past me with a horrified look on her face as she jammed on both brakes, but kept going well into the intersection.
In this case, I believe ABS put her at risk. After the ride, I asked her if I could disconnect it for her.

She declined.
When I ride her SV, I really do enjoy it.
It is a beautifully fun bike.
Except when I stop with it.

And for you doubters, I have 48 years experience.

This is always a had issue to stand up to, because I am one of the few who believe ABS is bad on a bike, and I am the only one who will defend my opinion on a public board.

I have many friends who believe ABS is wrong on a motorcycle.

I have a right to my opinion. And I don't care how many of you think I am wrong.

I hate ABS on recreational motorcycles.

As others have pointed out, it seems like the ABS is completely screwed on your wife's bike.

Perhaps test ride a bike equipped with ABS and compare the difference.

Comparing how often ABS activates for you to another rider should tell you something... "ABS kicks in at almost every stop" vs "ABS has only activated unintentionally twice in four years". If I were to count the times that I intentionally activated my ABS in the last four years (in parking lots to get a feel of what it feels like), I'd say that it's only activated less than 15 times.

When I ride my wife's SV, The ABS kicks in at almost every stop. There is always ripples or bumps leading up to any stop sign or stop light.

I only put 1,000km on the FZ before i put her away but ABS never engaged.

Sounds like a piss poor application of ABS or its not working correctly.

Maybe it is as simple as having air in the hydraulic system. Motorcycles equipped with an ABS system carry a lot more brake fluid and have increased potential for failure, maintenance of that system can't help but be increased in comparison to a basic independent braking system.

The more complex you design any mechanical thing the more places it can go wrong if not completely maintained to the original design and specification, that is a given regardless of what the discussion is about, vehicle braking systems or anything else.

I am also one of those that hate electronic aids. I would hate it on a bike.

A skilled rider can have faster reaction time than any electronic aid.

there have been lots of real tests using trackday riders and top tier riders, ABS made less skilled riders better and was negleable on top tier riders. Go figure.
But in the near future ABS may be legislated on all new models. Get used to it, learn to disable it if you must, or enjoy your antiques (vintage) machines.

油井緋色;2541199 said:
I've never used ABS or TCS. I don't think the guys spouting hate about TCS or ABS have a clue. It's likely an ego + ignorance though. It's like the guys playing racing sims bashing at others having any aids on; we all know the top racers use aids.

I've only had a major highside and lowside once each; ABS would've saved the highside for sure, TCS would have saved the lowside.

You say abs would have saved you from a high side. How? A high side occurs when accelerating out of a corner and the rear tire loses traction, the bike slides somewhat sideways and then suddenly regains traction - resulting in the bike heaving you air borne over the high side...abs will save you ?
I do not get it.

2 years ago I had a car in which I disabled the abs - it was malfunctioning and cycled wildy too much and wouldn't allow any braking in the snow whatsoever. clearly not functioning as it should -but I was happy once I disabled the abs.
I think abs is an advantage - but it is not the do all that its being made out to be.

Absolutely!
Right up until it requires maintenance or servicing.

I don't know a single person or heard of anyone who needed abs repaired on a car or motorcycle.

So you guys figure it will be as cheap and easy to flush and replace the brake fluid on an ABS system as it is on my bikes?
... and all of those electronic sensors and valves are going to live for a life time?

Back
Top Bottom