Is this a good deal/price? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this a good deal/price?

CriticalCore

-- Bought it today, :)

Called a dealer regarding a 2015 Ninja 300 ABS with 4200 KM, got the price down to 3300 for the bike, with licensing + HST + admin fees comes out to $3,9-- something out the door. Will have to haggle the admin fee as its about $150 so it may be even lower.

It's still more then I initially wanted though with the low KM's , well im not sure how big a part they play.
Base price is 3,999, they also have a green 2015 Ninja 300 no ABS, 8200 KM, but its alos 3,999. Only because its green is what they said, ****ing hell lol.

picz below.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kawasaki...otorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=14_15_70

Last edited:
Yes that is a good deal, especially through a dealer certified and plated.
A quick look through Kijiji shows most private sellers are asking $4000 plus for 2013 models, close to $5000 for 2014-5. Then you still have to pay the tax and safety etc.
Jump on that deal before it's gone.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

with the 400's out now
common wisdom is the 300's are going to depreciate a bit quicker
a new 300 ABS is $5299...so I'd say they are both a bit high

but of the two, I'd take the ABS over the green one any day

no point in discussing taxes/fees....no margin for the dealer on those

Called a dealer regarding a 2015 Ninja 300 ABS with 4200 KM, got the price down to 3300 for the bike, with licensing + HST + admin fees comes out to $3,9-- something out the door. Will have to haggle the admin fee as its about $150 so it may be even lower.

It's still more then I initially wanted though with the low KM's , well im not sure how big a part they play.
Base price is 3,999, they also have a green 2015 Ninja 300 no ABS, 8200 KM, but its alos 3,999. Only because its green is what they said, ****ing hell lol.

picz below.

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Kawasaki...otorcycles_atvs&showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=14_15_70

The white one looks nice! Admin fee :/ sounds to me like they are charging you 150$ to go down to the ministry of transport, stand in line, do the required title search and buy the new plate for you, can't imagine what else it could be.

Well the bikes been sold now.

To me. Can't wait for March :eek: Insurance quoted at $130 which I'm fine with as well.
I did give the used Moto buying guide/post on here a read and went ahead and looked through everything I could. Nothing particularly stood out as wrong.

Reeeee.

Last edited:
I would have sold you a white one in great shape for $3000.
15,000km.

Enjoy the bike!

To me. Can't wait for March :eek: Insurance quoted at $130 which I'm fine with as well.
I did give the used Moto buying guide/post on here a read and went ahead and looked through everything I could. Nothing particularly stood out as wrong.

Reeeee.

Even though it's used, buying from a dealer is much safer than buying privately if you're new to bikes or don't have someone that knows what to look for.

I'd be happy with what you paid. Fair price and you know everything will be in good shape.

Here's the one I'm selling...I don't have it listed anywhere though.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ejqrmzg00cledt7/AAD2hOEKvj6dyE9joA1PB4QEa?dl=0

Reeeee.

hot digity dog. congrats on the new bike !

Sounds like you really want ABS.

Why?

I hate ABS on motorcycles.
I would never buy a bike with ABS or if I did, I would have to be able to completely disable it.

My wife's SV has ABS and I absolutely hate it.

Why?

I would never buy a bike with ABS or if I did, I would have to be able to completely disable it.

May I know why? I'm a new rider, or soon to be once the snow melts :D

-

Also congrats on the bike OP!
Recently purchased a brand new '16 Ninja 300 ABS KRT model for 6k out the door. Not the greatest deal on Earth but it was worth the peace of mind for me.

Last edited:

Why?

Preventing the wheels from locking up sounds handy for a new rider really don't see any downsides.

Insurance wise got quoted from Mitchell & Whale, using Aviva as the best one.

How old are you?
I'm 23 and was quoted for the same through Dalton Timmis, 152 (1824/yr) for full coverage, and 119 (1428/yr) without collision.
What's recommended for a new motorcycle (6.1k non-financed)?
I was advised to not get collision by numerous people, even the broker..

Last edited:
How old are you?
I'm 23 and was quoted for the same through Dalton Timmis, 152 (1824/yr) for full coverage, and 119 (1428/yr) without collision.
What's recommended for a new motorcycle (6.1k non-financed)?
I was advised to not get collision by numerous people, even the broker..

Try M&W, i'm older but was paying $80 on a new R3 with full coverage.

Deciding on your bike depends on what you`re looking for. Do you want something to learn on for a bit and then trade up or do you want to get something a little bigger and grow into it?

Try M&W, i'm older but was paying $80 on a new R3 with full coverage.

Deciding on your bike depends on what you`re looking for. Do you want something to learn on for a bit and then trade up or do you want to get something a little bigger and grow into it?

Would like to keep it for about 3 years.
Were you quote as a 25 year old?

Thats a decent price and the ABS is a bonus. I've owned both, ABS is a good idea. Congrats, that will be a fun ride.

Would like to keep it for about 3 years.
Were you quote as a 25 year old?

No i've got a decade on you, but they were competitive. Give them a call, 10 minutes of your time may net you some savings.

If you shoot for any of the 300CC bikes you should see a decent return on your money depending on how much mileage you put on it and the emerging 400CC market. Maybe one of those would be the better buy but you'll pay premium pricing for one since it's new.

300CC is ideal to learn on because it's not too much to handle when you make mistakes, can still handle the highway, great mileage, cheap to insure and very light and easy to throw around in city traffic. The obvious downside is you may yearn for more performance after 1 or 2 seasons. If you`re a bigger guy you may want to try a 500CC instead because the frames are larger, power won't be much more noticeable.

Back
Top Bottom