motorcycleverything super show 2018 | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motorcycleverything super show 2018

When you order it from one of the dealers at the show...you can try it on for free....and return it if it doesn't fit. That's all I'm suggesting. If you don't they'll sell less...and bring less. And sorry for quoting. You know there's a button for it correct?

you don't deserve this, but seems you need this spelled out for you

so you're suggesting I buy a helmet without trying it on
wait for it to arrive
if it doesn't fit
return and get another one
and if that one doesn't fit
what then?
get another one?

there is more to a helmet than size
you see they are also different shapes
and it may surprise you hear that heads can be different too

so I went to the one location
with tons of dealers
and distributors
that should have provided an opportunity to try the helmet on
and buy it
saving a few dollars was not my primary concern

so can you now stop trying to explain to me how to buy things?

Ok then.Now that we have that out of the way.

The Supershow was great.My daughter and i spent all day today meeting up with new friends and old.By the end tho,i just sat on my stool at the SOVT trials booth in hall 4 and drooled.
Drooling_zpssksjflvu.jpg

sure you can order stuff
but fit is kind of important
for stuff that goes on your head or feet

I can get a better deal on the 'net for the helmet
was hoping someone would have stock at the show to try it on

You are ****** that a retailer didn't have stock for what you wanted so that you could try it on before ordering online to save a few bucks?

Lol.

The Supershow was great.My daughter and i spent all day today meeting up with new friends and old.By the end tho,i just sat on my stool at the SOVT trials booth in hall 4 and drooled.
Drooling_zpssksjflvu.jpg

I was at the show Saturday morning, stopped in at your booth, looked around your bikes there, but I did not know who you were, so we did not talk.....

The bikes are cool, but not something I could do, with no seat, I'd get tired real fast....LOL

It's too bad, that some of the guys on here that have booths at the shows don't somehow display some sort of "GTA Motorcycle" something or another, I would probably be more inclined to at least say hello, knowing your part of this site, ohhhh well, next time..

not saying to promote GTA Motorcycle, but to see something familiar is all I am saying...

I would have felt embarrassed if I made it out to the show.....@Wingboy and I were wearing the same shirt!
As for @Gatekeeper's comment: I usually wear my purple gtam shirt to the show....pretty much a dead giveaway on who I am

Sent from the purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I had a great time. I always look at this show as a way to beat my PMS, even if its just for one day. I rarely buy anything any more because I have everything I need and if I am looking for something it's usually so specific I'm not likely to find it at the show.

I worked the Ride for Sight booth from 10am to 4pm and we had a great time telling people about the upcoming 40th anniversary. We had an award ceremony at 1pm where we presented the award for top online fundraising team to the York HOG chapter. I was the first time since the challenge started that team GTAMotorcycle was beaten! We're going to have to come back hard this year. We had lots of folks turn up for the ceremony and had a great time sharing RFS stories and laughing.

I also got to stop by the GTAM booth as well as see some old friends I haven't seen in a while. Even bumped into a friend of my Dad's I hadn't seen in years. It was a great break from the winter blues.

Didn't see you when I walked by. or I wasn't paying attention.....

Yesterday was great.
Ordered a set of tires for one street bike from Pro 6. They had sold all of the size that I needed so I'll pick them up next week.
Ordered two sets of tires for my race bike from Wayne Kennedy.
Renewed my SOAR license.
Bought a new helmet. (Voss)
Ordered numbers for said helmet (racing requirement).
Dropped off my leathers to have the lining fixed (done on the spot) and cleaned (to be done in a couple of weeks).
Got a status update on the shock rebuild for my race bike. (should be done in a few weeks)
Chatted about a suspension refresh/recalibration that I want to do on one of my street bikes.
Lost count of the number of people I know and talked to for a bit.
Spotted in the crowd - Tomas Casas, Jordan Szoke.
Went to an after-show party thanks to Aliki (VNM Sports) and chatted to Jonathan Finn (upcoming roadracer - great kid) and his dad.

Where do you get your leathers fixed/cleaned? My lining is starting to rip and they are still pretty dirty from when the previous owner (I bought them used) went into the weeds.

You are ****** that a retailer didn't have stock for what you wanted so that you could try it on before ordering online to save a few bucks?

Lol.
A really good friend used to have a motorcycle shop, the times i spent there helping him made me realize that motorcycle riders and mainly street riders are just a kind of people I really disliked, not everyone but most of them... this is just one example of why

Where do you get your leathers fixed/cleaned? My lining is starting to rip and they are still pretty dirty from when the previous owner (I bought them used) went into the weeds.

Bickle racing or Track Side Cuts

Entry level, DOT only, poly shell. Might consider one if only $100.

What's entry level mean? You head isn't worth as much protection? Snell rating would make it a heavier, etc. helmet according to Revzilla review.

I've never gone with just a DOT rated helmet...but haven't bounced one in a long time.

Crashed in one pretty badly ...I'm referring to the HTC DOT brand....was able to walk away with just a very sore right knee...was wearing full leathers though...

The Feb show is more for the 2018 model bikes (which were not at this past one), less for the clubs and dealers and shops and aftermarket parts vendors.

So it is probably not worthwhile to go looking for gear? I am a new rider that pretty well needs everything before spring (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, etc) and am not sure where would be best to find deals. I didn't realize there were 2 shows in Toronto over the winter. Looks like Royal Dist. will be getting a good chunk of change from me shortly.

So it is probably not worthwhile to go looking for gear? I am a new rider that pretty well needs everything before spring (helmet, jacket, gloves, boots, etc) and am not sure where would be best to find deals. I didn't realize there were 2 shows in Toronto over the winter. Looks like Royal Dist. will be getting a good chunk of change from me shortly.

If you can hold off royal has the tent sale with no tax and GP bikes has store wide sale around the same time with no tax. March or April if I recall.

Last year I went and GP Bikes had their booth there with a whole bunch of gear... wasn't everything in the store but I bought a good bunch of stuff. Also got an awesome deal on a helmet from another vendor. I think it's worth going.

Checked back into this thread after awhile.

It went sideways for me.
Could be me. I'll allow that.

Ended up going to GP bikes
They had the Nolan helmet I wanted.
No idea why they didn't bring it to the show.
Was the right color and size.
Perfect. And and marked down for clearance.

Would have been way easier for them and me.
If they had just brought this one helmet.
That I wanted, and they wanted rid of.
To the biggest show in NA

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom