motorcycleverything super show 2018 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motorcycleverything super show 2018

Sharp looking helmet (HJC CS-R3). Why so cheap?

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Not sure why so cheap. Maybe end of line ? If they have 25 % plus off maybe get two. Hoping to hit the show first thing when it opens. My alpine star summer jacket is 9 years old and 20 Lb ago. I even crashed in it first ride after buying it. Still works just looking it's age.

Entry level, DOT only, poly shell. Might consider one if only $100.

What's entry level mean? You head isn't worth as much protection? Snell rating would make it a heavier, etc. helmet according to Revzilla review.

I've never gone with just a DOT rated helmet...but haven't bounced one in a long time.

Last edited:
Entry level, DOT only, poly shell. Might consider one if only $100.

What's entry level mean? You head isn't worth as much protection? Snell rating would make it a heavier, etc. helmet according to Revzilla review.

I've never gone with just a DOT rated helmet...but haven't bounced one in a long time.

I found it on Royal Dis site first. They list it as Dot Snell ? But your right HJC has it as Dot only. Never look at the rating again. Disappointing. I do have some Dot only helmets but more for the scooters. Modular and a 1/2 helmet. The search continues.

Well the HJC CL17 look nice plus dual rating. I think my current is the CL 15 or 16. Only about $50 more. $170.

Well the HJC CL17 look nice plus dual rating. I think my current is the CL 15 or 16. Only about $50 more. $170.
I'm on my second season with an hjc fg17. It fits really well, has great ventilation and is relatively light. Is also a bit noisy due to excellent ventilation.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

I picked up a Shoei RF-SR last season when they were released and am quite happy with it. I had been wearing a Shoei TZR prior and this one had the same shape and feel, just newer. It is relatively quiet and has descent but not fantastic ventilation. Overall I'd recommend it to anyone in that price range.

Well in at 12pm out at 2pm. Saw what I wanted. Tried the new bikes for fit and tried every helmet I could. HJC CL-17 in black. GP bikes had the best prices and selection. Very helpful people. Talked to the parts Canada people. Also very helpful good display. Not selling but pointed me I the right direction. They also mentioned the personal rider airbag vest will be demonstrated on Saturday. Worth the time and money. Tried a bunch of jackets on. Realizing I like my current one better.

Any good pricing on Shoei rf-1200's there?
Any good deals on track rubber?

In at 3:30 for me and about to head out too. Came looking for riding pants, no-one had what I wanted. GP Bikes were great, Parts Canada it took the Klim guy to come over and talk to me. Big ups to the Fly Racing booth, they were digging through boxes trying to find the Ram Mount kit I wanted, then when they couldn't find it they offered to build it from all the parts-of course that's when they found a kit.

Sent from my HTC U11 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Came looking for riding pants, no-one had what I wanted. GP Bikes were great, Parts Canada it took the Klim guy to come over and talk to me.

A KLIM rep or just the Parts Canada salesman who is the most knowledgeable about KLIM? I ask because my Joe Rocket coat is roughly 14yrs old now. Still in great condition but I've been toying with the idea of getting a full KLIM or Aerostitch suit and would love to talk to an actual company rep vs the sales help from a shop.

A KLIM rep or just the Parts Canada salesman who is the most knowledgeable about KLIM? I ask because my Joe Rocket coat is roughly 14yrs old now. Still in great condition but I've been toying with the idea of getting a full KLIM or Aerostitch suit and would love to talk to an actual company rep vs the sales help from a shop.

The guys at DSP sell Klim and use it.

Actual KLIM rep. Nice guy too...older, tall, thin, white... the KLIM gear will probably be the dead giveaway though.

Well in at 12pm out at 2pm. Saw what I wanted. Tried the new bikes for fit and tried every helmet I could. HJC CL-17 in black. GP bikes had the best prices and selection. Very helpful people. Talked to the parts Canada people. Also very helpful good display. Not selling but pointed me I the right direction. They also mentioned the personal rider airbag vest will be demonstrated on Saturday. Worth the time and money. Tried a bunch of jackets on. Realizing I like my current one better.

If you don’t mind me asking, what did you pay for the helmet? Also, were they handing out any discount coupons?

In at 3:30 for me and about to head out too. Came looking for riding pants, no-one had what I wanted. GP Bikes were great, Parts Canada it took the Klim guy to come over and talk to me. Big ups to the Fly Racing booth, they were digging through boxes trying to find the Ram Mount kit I wanted, then when they couldn't find it they offered to build it from all the parts-of course that's when they found a kit.

Lucky you Anterabae...thought you weren’t going until tomorrow.

I changed plans and went to see the new Star Wars movie with my eldest.

Sorry guys, I wasn't able to make it. I was busy swimming with the fishes.

4fa67f536f9275277859a60ffa26604e.jpg

Back
Top Bottom