Gas Fireplaces | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Gas Fireplaces

nice job on the reface. Guess it's actual bricks and not a brick veneer, since it was a wood fireplace originally? Wasn't too much of a hassle when I moved my old one. Was in a south facing room that didn't need extra heating. Moved it to the basement.

Thanks

And yes actual bricks, house was built over 20 years ago, when they were still doing real fireplaces...my buddy still has his as a wood burning fireplace, he has not opted for the gas insert as of yet....

The house we moved into was build in 1968. However, it was completely renovated in 2017.

I did not have a fireplace.

We’d love a wood fireplace but, the cost would be prohibitive.

Just to get the proper permits and then the right folks to build it.

We did the grass fire place in the previous house and frankly, it won me over.

Was cheap to purchase and install and it warmed the entire home and we used less of the regular furnace. And we enjoyed the basement more and spent quality family time down there.

This place is very nice and open. I believe we can install a gas fireplace with very little impact to the existing construction.

Likely going with a corner unit and happens to be directly below our master bedroom.

I had a home with wood fireplace and often got free cherry and apple wood from local orchards.

While it was awesome to have, it did make the rest of the home cooler.

And it took some planning to start it up and clean up from time to time.

Turning on a gas fireplace is so easy and maintenance just as easy as having your furnace serviced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I grew up with wood heat, have owned houses with wood fireplaces and have lugged a lot of firewood. I REALLY like gas.

Always has a gas fireplace. Great for efficiency, but wood has the better ambiance. Was told my current one is an insert into a wood fireplace, not sure about that though. The neighbour with the same model house has wood burning.

My sister and BIL have 3 (yep, 3...) built in wood burning fire places in their house - one in their den, one in the master bedroom, and one in the basement.

I'm always jealous when I go visit, but I always soak in the smell.

My gas fireplace has been giving me problems. Doesn't even light, only the pilot temporarily. I have a feeling it's the thermocouple. I need to figure out how to fix that.

My gas fireplace has been giving me problems. Doesn't even light, only the pilot temporarily. I have a feeling it's the thermocouple. I need to figure out how to fix that.

Clean it down to bare metal with some fine sandpaper. Done it to my furnace half a dozen times over the years. Flame rod gets covered in oxidation or combustion by-products, reducing the signal to the gas valve.

Montreal banned or is in the process of banning wood fireplaces due to pollution concerns. Another reason to go gas if you’re in the urban sprawl.

Clean it down to bare metal with some fine sandpaper. Done it to my furnace half a dozen times over the years. Flame rod gets covered in oxidation or combustion by-products, reducing the signal to the gas valve.
I have to try that.

Back
Top Bottom