2018 SS Renewal rates - hows it looking? | GTAMotorcycle.com

2018 SS Renewal rates - hows it looking?

EaZ8

I just for my renewal in the mail a couple days ago for 2018, just curious if anyone else has got their yet.
i was half expecting the rate to go up and half expecting to have my bike blacklisted and would have to hunt for a new company.

good news, not blacklisted with wawanesa, at least not with my experience and record.

2009 CBR600rr, full M, 10+ yrs with M class (i think 2004 i got my M1/M2), over 30, 100% clean no claims at all in 12 yrs, no tickets in 12+ yrs.

2017 rate = $550 per year
2018 rate = $565 per year

i have full coverage $500 deductible.

not that it really matters bike wise but my truck went up by about 200 a year.

anyone else get theirs yet?

edit -
should mention im in Simcoe, not a high rated area but still.

guys please put in your 2017 rate vs your 2018 rate and your general area.

Last edited:
I got my renewal from TDMM a couple of weeks ago which has finally given me the push I needed to go shopping.
Bike is an '07 Yamaha FJR1300. Full coverage, $500 deductible, bundled with cars, house and park trailer.

TDMM rates:
2017 - $1,050
2018 - $1,150

Quote I got from Allstate for same coverage:
$900

Allstate beat out the cost for insuring the bike, was about the same for the cars and absolutely destroyed TDMM for house and trailer insurance. So I'll be switching within the next month or so.

I just for my renewal in the mail a couple days ago for 2018, just curious if anyone else has got their yet.
i was half expecting the rate to go up and half expecting to have my bike blacklisted and would have to hunt for a new company.

good news, not blacklisted with wawanesa, at least not with my experience and record.

2009 CBR600rr, full M, 10+ yrs with M class (i think 2004 i got my M1/M2), over 30, 100% clean no claims at all in 12 yrs, no tickets in 12+ yrs.

Wow! I am incredibly envious. Those are great rates, particularly in light of the absurd rates motorcyclists pay here in Ontario.
Curious, with such an exemplary riding record I'm wondering why your premium went up $15 from 2017. Perhaps some administrative cost increase?

In any case I commend you EaZ8!

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Wow! I am incredibly envious. Those are great rates, particularly in light of the absurd rates motorcyclists pay here in Ontario.
Curious, with such an exemplary riding record I'm wondering why your premium went up $15 from 2017. Perhaps some administrative cost increase?

In any case I commend you EaZ8!

Sent from my [device_name] using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

just to add and i edited my post, im also in simcoe so its a bit cheaper than say mississauga.
last year my friend with similar rating specs and a 07 600rr was paying i think high 700's for his bike in mississauga, but i also have a discount for bundling and he doesn't.

im sure you can see by my sig im a broker but i dont sell wawanesa, i did however hear a few months ago that wawanesa was going to take a rate increase this year so i was a little worried but it didnt end up that bad for me at all.

For my 09 Daytona 675...

Aviva
Full coverage
Over 10yrs exp
Clean record
38 years old
Bundled with car and home
Scarborough area
$500 deductible

$67 month premiums

For my 09 Daytona 675...

Aviva
Full coverage
Over 10yrs exp
Clean record
38 years old
Bundled with car and home
Scarborough area
$500 deductible

$67 month premiums

and this is the 2018 renewal?
how is it compared to your last years rates?

Wow! I am incredibly envious. Those are great rates, particularly in light of the absurd rates motorcyclists pay here in Ontario

Just a very well experienced and proven safe rider getting what he deserves.

It IS possible to insure a SS (or any motorcycle for that matter) on the cheap once you prove you’re not a risk.

The problem is the newbies and kids with none of that track record (or skills) who want to play in the same league while still using training wheels, and then wonder why the insurance price is insane.

Allstate, > 30, clean record, M, house + cars

-----
$770 for the 2010 VFR 1200
$750 for the 2008 CBR 1000RR

----
$689 for the 2010 VFR 1200
??? for the 2008 CBR 1000RR (don't have a renewal yet, although I'd expect a similar difference)

comp + liability

I got my renewal from TDMM a couple of weeks ago which has finally given me the push I needed to go shopping.
Bike is an '07 Yamaha FJR1300. Full coverage, $500 deductible, bundled with cars, house and park trailer.

TDMM rates:
2017 - $1,050
2018 - $1,150

Quote I got from Allstate for same coverage:
$900

Allstate beat out the cost for insuring the bike, was about the same for the cars and absolutely destroyed TDMM for house and trailer insurance. So I'll be switching within the next month or so.

Last edited:

SS bikes arent going to be a thing of the past like many people thought, its just going to be people with experience and clean records.

i have a buddy who stuck with state farm through their whole rate increase, his truck and condo went down and bike went up, he said for him he only ended up paying a few bucks a month more.

Last edited:
Pickering
2014 FZ09
Went from 100 to 80 a month.
With AVIVA

edit -

Last edited:
edit -

That's the most important part of your post, without it (because most people have one or no tickets and are over 25 ... after that it's all location, location and location) ... insurance numbers in ON mean squat.

over 30, by a chunk
riding forever
'15 FJ09, full coverage
had some bad luck and 2 minor speeding on me last 2 years
first one was forgiven
second one caused an increase from 1100 to 2100/year
changed brokers and companies
back down to 1100/year
one ticket drops before renewal
so I'm expecting to be sub 1000 again
prolly gonna drop the collision this year too
that'll save a bit

Not a ss by a long shot but:09 versys 650 full coverage and upped the coverage in several areas.
44 years old live in Barrie
2017 $580/year
2018 $526/year
Wife has very similar stats and just got her full M last fall.
2012 650 gladius $729/ year
This is with TD three bikes, 2 cars and home all with them.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Mods can we lock and delete this thread, its not showing just SS (which is totally fine) so im going to start a new thread and have a format so we can give people better info to see.

i just want to be able to see the info and help others find a company that will suit them for this season.

Back
Top Bottom