First dirt bike | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First dirt bike

I'm starting to get tired of it. I camp at sandaraska so I have hundreds of hours in there.

Doing a few races in the US and riding Simcoe more to try and break it up a bit.

I recently bought a home on the east end of the Ganaraska so I'll have more time in there this season. I grew up riding Northumberland trails so I'll head over there sometimes for a change (did that last summer on the atv).

They didn’t actually race, so two thumbs down for me.

They should have invited Chris Birch on a KTM adventure bike too.

The Enduro looked and sounded more fun to me ;-p

4 speed dirt, 4 speed street? Did it have a two speed transfer case or was it sold in two different configurations?
TC had the hi-low range based on the 4 speed box the Suzuki TS versions typically have a more conventional 5 speed wide ratio gearbox. :D I got my M license on it!

My first "dirt bike" was a TLR 200 Reflex from Honda... traded in my ATC 70 when I was 13 years old. I planned to use that bike to get to highschool and avoid taking the dreaded bus, it almost turned me off dirtbiking for life until I tried my buddy's CR80 - trials ain't for everyone!!!

honda_TLR200.jpg

Last edited:
My first bike:
001.jpg
2Q==

2Q==

Second bike was similar to this but a smaller 100cc, for the life of me I can't remember the year/model:
Suzuki77TS185.jpg

Last edited:
1979 yz80

bikepics-2252840-full.jpg

When I was in High School, my friend had a TS400 that I rode a lot, so in 1984, I bought a 1976 TS400 as my first bike.

5D3_7984a.jpg~original

5D3_7983a.jpg~original

For a 2-stoke bike I would go a decent RMX 250, cant beat em for reliability! 1996+ have better hp then the 90-95 models, no problem keeping pace with a friends 2016 yz 250X with my 96 RMX250, and lots of parts still floating around.

For a 2-stoke bike I would go a decent RMX 250, cant beat em for reliability! 1996+ have better hp then the 90-95 models, no problem keeping pace with a friends 2016 yz 250X with my 96 RMX250, and lots of parts still floating around.
That probably has more to do with skill level than the bikes. Today's bikes are way ahead of what was made 20 years ago.

I convinced my street riding buddy to get back into the dirt this season after a very long time away. He picked up a very low hour '15 YZ250 2T this weekend and has been so giddy since picking it up. Looks like everyone around me will be on smokers this season :)

He picked up a very low hour '15 YZ250 2T
One thing I have learned and it is consistent on every yz250 purchase I have made is that whatever the owner said it is not true. The number of hours is number one (even with an hour counter) on the list of things people are full of **** about... I would recommend your buddy to do full maintenance, all bearings and at least to do a top end.

The 05 i bought had a broken power valve, that part alone was 250 bucks... etc

One thing I have learned and it is consistent on every yz250 purchase I have made is that whatever the owner said it is not true. The number of hours is number one (even with an hour counter) on the list of things people are full of **** about... I would recommend your buddy to do full maintenance, all bearings and at least to do a top end.

The 05 i bought had a broken power valve, that part alone was 250 bucks... etc
While shopping for a dirtbike in the fall I met the only honest seller out there. Went to look at an 04 yz250, asked him when the engine was last done. He actually asked me "Why? Does it need it? It's not that old you know.".
Ummm, ok. 13 year old 2 stroke on the original motor, no thanks.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom