First dirt bike | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First dirt bike

I think my dick is bigger than all of yours. If anyone wants to measure and compare, my challenge is out there for all you guys (and girls).

Most sports you only need one ball to play

I'm glad I could be part of yet another GTAM thread that starts good, and then the trolls show up.

I can tolerate the embarrassment if you can. Challenge stands for any of you. :D points speak louder then banter.
Why would I waste my time? Clearly you'll beat me at trials. Do you have any road race experience? Maybe I should challenge you to that if you don't... What's the point?

Same reason I never bothered with mx. A whole day spent at the track just to race a couple 20min motos. No thanks.

I'll stick with enduro and xc. And you're welcome to come by a race and see how your trials bike stacks up if you like.

Nothing wrong with hitting an MX track for fun though. Last season 3 of us went to Burnt River midweek and the only other people there were 2 novices (like us). We ended up being there for 8hrs and it was one of the best dirt rides of the year improving skill, taking lots of pics, sometimes hitting the same big jump over and over.

Nothing wrong with hitting an MX track for fun though. Last season 3 of us went to Burnt River midweek and the only other people there were 2 novices (like us). We ended up being there for 8hrs and it was one of the best dirt rides of the year improving skill, taking lots of pics, sometimes hitting the same big jump over and over.
Yep, whatever anyone likes is cool. Just used as an example as why trials and mx isn't for everyone. I don't put anyone down for their choice of sport.

I like to hit Chesterman in the winter on occasion just to get a ride in. But going round and round isn't my thing usually.

My honest opinion is that each riding style has it's benefits and it really depends on the rider and at what stage they are at.

For example, some days I go out and all I want to do is take it easy, if I see a tree on my way I ride around it and smile while I am looking at the scenery and enjoying my work out. Some days I go out looking for trees and rocks and hills and might spend the entire day doing up hills. Some days I feel like riding real fast so I stay mostly in some bigger trails, other days I just want to ride on gnarly single track (this is most days).

So the bike for my style is a 2 stroke dirt bike, it allows me to do most of it and it isn't too specialized in one single thing.

Yes sure I would be so much better if I rode trials but so would be every street rider if they raced with me but I can't expect every street rider to go out and buy a race bike when they are asking what kind of street bike they should buy (as an example)

Trials you need to relax as you are coming off a little stronger, to be honest guys like Ric have gotten me curious about trials as they represent the sport really well, you are kind of turning me off from it.

I also think any street rider that hasn't raced super sport bikes don't know what they are doing, to be honest we all do but most won't say it, we just don't go around pushing everyone to buy a race bike.

This winter sucks, i wanna go ride by non trials bike :(

I'm glad I could be part of yet another GTAM thread that starts good, and then the trolls show up.

I guess that's why the OP hasn't responded for the last 4 pages.

No point providing noob advise now like - it's your first dirt bike, get something in your price range thats not beat to crap, has softer manageable power delivery, and just get out and ride. Practice your skills and put in the hours. You'll figure out what you like and what you don't by the time you're ready for a more competitive bike. I also went from trail tours, then spent 2 years riding a WR250R because it is what i found a deal on and it has a smooth power delivery. Yeah, there are better bikes for single track, but when I'm ready, I'll have a much better idea of what I'll want. It also helps to have good people to ride with who's objectives are similar to yours.

I was thinking of doing a trials course this summer, but I may need to rethink that if it's more about getting out your measuring tape. :mad:

Speaking of burnt river. I heard there is an endurocross area there. Any idea what the track is like?

Not sure if you've ridden Burnt River but if you haven't I'll tell you the area is either rock (mostly) or swamp. There isn't much in between. It's not like a typical area where there's some loam to cushion a fall or get traction. The track is hardpack with silt in the corners. It eats tires.

Not that it really matters, but I started on an enduro bike, then went to MX and street bikes, then I started riding Trials bikes much later in life. If any of you guys want to show me up, just come on out and ride against me in an ATA event next season :headbang:

... or continue hacking your way around if that really does it for you, but I can tell you right now that in one year of riding competition you will improve your riding capabilities more then 10 years of hacking around on your own.
Enough about trials already that's not what the op asked,there is a thread started on trials.Some of us just Don't want to ride a trials bike:rolleyes:

Crap, this place cannot keep an innocent thread like this one free of egos and non-sense. Like really??? Ride what you want, for crying out loud. Life is short.

Here it is. I am a noob rider with limited skills, so the video is only to show you what it looks like. I am not trying to say I am a skill rider by any means, but if we're bringing out measuring tapes......

https://youtu.be/tk085lISl-E
Saw your vid a while back. It's what actually alerted me to its existence. Lol

Looks like fun. Hopefully it dries up a bit more though.

Carmichael could come out of retirement and win the supercross title again if he was on a trials bike.
Naa, he'd have to lose a few pounds first. Nutrition and fitness are things he'd have to discover again. LOL

Back
Top Bottom