First dirt bike - Page 7

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: First dirt bike

Re: First dirt bike

Quote Originally Posted by WudzRydr View Post
    Saw your vid a while back. It's what actually alerted me to its existence. Lol

Looks like fun. Hopefully it dries up a bit more though.
    I went to burnt river in August (I think, it was the day before the Soggy Boot ride), and the endurocross track was extremely overgrown. Still a lot of fun, but some spots were hard to see through the weeds. It looked like they were changing some stuff up and since it's on the OO schedule this year I'm really looking forward to going back.

Sometimes I wonder how MX can be fun because it's just lap after lap after lap. But it is the most fun I've had a dirt bike. Pushing yourself and the challenge of hitting everything perfectly make it a ton of fun. I love going to the MX tracks that have single track too so that you can change it up a bit.

Same reason I never bothered with mx. A whole day spent at the track just to race a couple 20min motos. No thanks.

I'll stick with enduro and xc. And you're welcome to come by a race and see how your trials bike stacks up if you like.
    Different clubs may do it differently, but here's how Steel City Riders does it. You can race in three classes. Each class gets two motos at 10 mins plus a lap each. So it's a tiny bit more than your "couple 20min motos", lol. But yes, it is a lot of sitting and waiting.

For me it's the close quarter racing of MX that I find more enjoyable than enduro and XC. But I still find all racing fun.

I race with Robp and I agree with what he said. I usually cap it at 2 classes, 3 is a lot for me. It's true the days are long but honestly with the intensity of moto I don't desire a lot more riding time on race days. Mind you I can burn laps all day for fun. I'm usually more tired and sore after a day of mx races then our club hare scrambles.

Always good people at the track to bench race and spectate with between motos so that helps to pass the time.

I enjoy ripping through the trees but it's really hard to get away from the competitiveness and challenge of banging bars racing mx. It never seems to get old either as the better you get the more fun it seems to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Robp View Post
    I went to burnt river in August (I think, it was the day before the Soggy Boot ride), and the endurocross track was extremely overgrown. Still a lot of fun, but some spots were hard to see through the weeds. It looked like they were changing some stuff up and since it's on the OO schedule this year I'm really looking forward to going back.

Sometimes I wonder how MX can be fun because it's just lap after lap after lap. But it is the most fun I've had a dirt bike. Pushing yourself and the challenge of hitting everything perfectly make it a ton of fun. I love going to the MX tracks that have single track too so that you can change it up a bit.
    I don't even like riding the same section of singletrack twice in the same day. Hahaha
    08 690 Enduro
    08 250xc-w
    01 RM125

https://www.youtube.com/user/WudzRydr

I don't even like riding the same section of singletrack twice in the same day. Hahaha
    I get so lost in the Ganny most days that it makes riding the same section impossible
    2015 Victory Magnum
    2018 KTM 300XC
    2014 Yamaha YZ450F
    2005 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

I like how this "First dirt bike" thread has turned into a racing thread. haha...
    -Dave
    2007 ZX6R
    2017 YZ250X

My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    I like how this "First dirt bike" thread has turned into a racing thread. haha...
    The good thing is that motogp first practice is in 2 weeks and after that we are almost in dirt bike season again...

Last edited by ZX600; Yesterday at 09:14 PM.
    S.O.A.R. Superbike AM #986 - http://pscracing.webs.com/

2006 GSXR 1000 - Race Bike
    2014 FZ09 - Street Bike
    2017 YZ250X - Dirt Bike (2 Stroke)
    2005 YZ250 - B Dirt Bike (2 Stroke)
    2006 TTR50

"Not my circus, not my monkeys"

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    Every ride is a race.