First dirt bike | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

First dirt bike

Saw your vid a while back. It's what actually alerted me to its existence. Lol

Looks like fun. Hopefully it dries up a bit more though.

I went to burnt river in August (I think, it was the day before the Soggy Boot ride), and the endurocross track was extremely overgrown. Still a lot of fun, but some spots were hard to see through the weeds. It looked like they were changing some stuff up and since it's on the OO schedule this year I'm really looking forward to going back.

Sometimes I wonder how MX can be fun because it's just lap after lap after lap. But it is the most fun I've had a dirt bike. Pushing yourself and the challenge of hitting everything perfectly make it a ton of fun. I love going to the MX tracks that have single track too so that you can change it up a bit.

Same reason I never bothered with mx. A whole day spent at the track just to race a couple 20min motos. No thanks.

I'll stick with enduro and xc. And you're welcome to come by a race and see how your trials bike stacks up if you like.

Different clubs may do it differently, but here's how Steel City Riders does it. You can race in three classes. Each class gets two motos at 10 mins plus a lap each. So it's a tiny bit more than your "couple 20min motos", lol. But yes, it is a lot of sitting and waiting.

For me it's the close quarter racing of MX that I find more enjoyable than enduro and XC. But I still find all racing fun.

I race with Robp and I agree with what he said. I usually cap it at 2 classes, 3 is a lot for me. It's true the days are long but honestly with the intensity of moto I don't desire a lot more riding time on race days. Mind you I can burn laps all day for fun. I'm usually more tired and sore after a day of mx races then our club hare scrambles.

Always good people at the track to bench race and spectate with between motos so that helps to pass the time.

I enjoy ripping through the trees but it's really hard to get away from the competitiveness and challenge of banging bars racing mx. It never seems to get old either as the better you get the more fun it seems to be.

I went to burnt river in August (I think, it was the day before the Soggy Boot ride), and the endurocross track was extremely overgrown. Still a lot of fun, but some spots were hard to see through the weeds. It looked like they were changing some stuff up and since it's on the OO schedule this year I'm really looking forward to going back.

Sometimes I wonder how MX can be fun because it's just lap after lap after lap. But it is the most fun I've had a dirt bike. Pushing yourself and the challenge of hitting everything perfectly make it a ton of fun. I love going to the MX tracks that have single track too so that you can change it up a bit.
I don't even like riding the same section of singletrack twice in the same day. Hahaha

I don't even like riding the same section of singletrack twice in the same day. Hahaha

I get so lost in the Ganny most days that it makes riding the same section impossible :)

I like how this "First dirt bike" thread has turned into a racing thread. haha...

I like how this "First dirt bike" thread has turned into a racing thread. haha...
The good thing is that motogp first practice is in 2 weeks and after that we are almost in dirt bike season again... :)

ec2a57a231e7d1c84337a3833d82306d.jpg

Last edited:
I'm starting to get tired of it. I camp at sandaraska so I have hundreds of hours in there.

Doing a few races in the US and riding Simcoe more to try and break it up a bit.

Do you have provider for health insurance if you're racing in the U.S.? Doing a GNCC would be pretty cool but I always figured I'd have a tough time finding insurance.

Do you have provider for health insurance if you're racing in the U.S.? Doing a GNCC would be pretty cool but I always figured I'd have a tough time finding insurance.
Ride with some friends and if you get hurt on US soil have them drag and dump your battered and beaten body north of the border ;) then call the ambulance.

Ride with some friends and if you get hurt on US soil have them drag and dump your battered and beaten body north of the border ;) then call the ambulance.

lol I've heard stories of guys driving back over the border with broken arms etc. That's not for me though, knowing my luck I'd wrap myself around a tree in an epic fashion and wake up to a nice $200,000 bill after getting bolted back together.

In 1985 I was 12. Broke my back in Florida and my grandma had to remortgage to pay the medical bills.
I still owe her.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Financially or morally? I'm glad you recovered.
Likely both. My grandma was huge in my life, I learned so much from her. Unfortunately she passed when I was 20.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

That would be a great place to learn on a trials bike.

(now THAT's trolling)

That place looks a bit like what Trail N Trial has for training purposes in Cambridge. Trolling....right Dave.Not taking the bait.

Back
Top Bottom