Kia | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kia

On almost all suv's, if a manual is offered at all, it's only available on the fwd version.

The only suvs they're still making with both manual and awd are the subaru forester, jeep renegade, and jeep wrangler.

On almost all suv's, if a manual is offered at all, it's only available on the fwd version.
The only suvs they're still making with both manual and awd are the subaru forester, jeep renegade, and jeep wrangler.
That's why I bought an FJ Cruiser before they stopped building them.
My F350 dually diesel with 6 speed is going to have to last me forever.

I will be the first to admit that the Koreans have come a long way from the garbage they produced in the late 80s and early 90s. Having said that I still wouldn't touch one.

Still shake my head at the atrocious quality of friends and acquaintances who regretfully bought late 80s early 90's Stellars, Pony's and Excels. Cheap junk that fell apart and rusted quickly.

I also recall a friends junky 2002(?) Kia Sedona minivan, I remember reading one review that said the Koreans couldn't figure out "hydroforming" to introduce strength, lighten weight, and meet crash test standards. So what they did, was simply sandwich metal plates together to meet the crash standards. It worked, but it made the van exceptionally nose heavy, and increased mass (400-700lbs heavier than its competitors) which hurt fuel economy, and it was slower than its competitors

Last but not least, a friend bought a 2017 Elantra, sorry, but a Civic would destroy this thing in every category.

Last edited:
The reliability scorecard appears to be influenced by, if not primarily determined by, Hyundai's longer standard warranty.

Lots of people find the current Civic's styling to be offensive. I wouldn't go that far, but I'm not a fan of it.

Except price, interior comfort and *gasp* reliability.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/honda-civic-vs-hyundai-elantra

;)

all I had to do was look at the first pic on the page you reference, look at the difference between front ends, the Civic is far neater, buttoned down, classier and sleek, the elantra is bloated and whats with that big gaping grill? civic offers wider expansive windshield, look at the side view mirrors, higher class all around. This theme continues throughout the civic.

good lord, next...

Last edited:
all I had to do was look at the first pic on the page you reference, look at the difference between front ends, the Civic is far neater, buttoned down, classier and sleek, the elantra is bloated and whats with that big gaping grill? civic offers wider expansive windshield, look at the side view mirrors, higher class all around. This theme continues throughout the civic.

good lord, next...

Lol..i like how you didn't bother to dispute anything i said.

Even though it was in jest (i don't really care, i just grabbed the first link in google to prove your statement false even if 2/3 are rather subjective).

Next indeed!

My wife has a 2010 Civic.Hate it for the stupid huge a pillers and tin box construction.Just another disposible car.

I will be the first to admit that the Koreans have come a long way from the garbage they produced in the late 80s and early 90s. Having said that I still wouldn't touch one.

Still shake my head at the atrocious quality of friends and acquaintances who regretfully bought late 80s early 90's Stellars, Pony's and Excels. Cheap junk that fell apart and rusted quickly.

I also recall a friends junky 2002(?) Kia Sedona minivan, I remember reading one review that said the Koreans couldn't figure out "hydroforming" to introduce strength, lighten weight, and meet crash test standards. So what they did, was simply sandwich metal plates together to meet the crash standards. It worked, but it made the van exceptionally nose heavy, and increased mass (400-700lbs heavier than its competitors) which hurt fuel economy, and it was slower than its competitors

Last but not least, a friend bought a 2017 Elantra, sorry, but a Civic would destroy this thing in every category.
Honda's were reliable and kept their resale value in the early 80s?

good lord, next...
Who cares how it looks. Do you drive a car because you want to impress other people, or do you drive it for yourself?

Who cares how it looks. Do you drive a car because you want to impress other people, or do you drive it for yourself?

Looks matter 100%. Though to be fair, no one in a Hyundai or a Honda is impressing anyone but themselves.

Honda's were reliable and kept their resale value in the early 80s?

Touché!

ming_rust.jpg

Looks matter 100%. Though to be fair, no one in a Hyundai or a Honda is impressing anyone but themselves.

I think the same thing whenever I see a Lexus or Acura, personally. They're Toyota's and Honda's with a different nameplate on the side and an inflated price tag for the mystery cachet.

Even the more mainstream/cheap BMW's, Mercedes and such don't impress me anymore honestly, especially when they depreciate so fast that in 6 or 8 years the teen crowd own them, bling them out, cut the springs, and install fart can exhausts.

Maybe it's my frugality, but only once you start to knock on the door of the supercar segment do I start to actually turn my head to look anymore.

I think the same thing whenever I see a Lexus or Acura, personally. They're Toyota's and Honda's with a different nameplate on the side and an inflated price tag for the mystery cachet.
Then you don't know much about cars. Acura/Lexus might share some platforms with Hondas/Toyotas but they're different enough to actually warrant the higher prices. For example higher quality control standards are used, more expensive materials, etc.

:lmao: surface rust, that should buff right out nicely.

If that was true then wouldn't you be riding a ducati 899 instead of a drz400? I mean the drz is the pontiac aztek of motorcycles.

I mean, those aren't even the same type of bikes? So no.

Even the more mainstream/cheap BMW's, Mercedes and such don't impress me anymore honestly, especially when they depreciate so fast that in 6 or 8 years the teen crowd own them, bling them out, cut the springs, and install fart can exhausts.

Maybe it's my frugality, but only once you start to knock on the door of the supercar segment do I start to actually turn my head to look anymore.

Yeah the used BMW crowd has been overrun by teens, so much so it hurt their reputation a good bit (at least in this area).

In saying that if anyone is selling a BMW E36 or E46, hit me up. Looking for a drift platform lol

That's the point... you got the drz cause it does what you need it to do, not because of how it looks.

You aren't arguing any point.

Function and looks are two different things. The Honda/Hyundai/whatever logic was that they look like sh*t no matter what, and there are better looking cars out there that serve the same function. The function being a 5 seat commuter. Your DRZ/Ducati argument is "well if it looks like a motorcycle and sounds like a motorcycle, then its a motorcycle." No thought into function.

I don't even understand why you are arguing. There is no way you don't see how dumb the things you are saying are.

Back
Top Bottom