yeah.....a Korean BMW
kind of reminds me of the Genesis
also a good car from the sister Co

the days of laughing at Korean cars are over

yeah.....a Korean BMW

the days of laughing at Korean cars are over

Hitting all the right marks on paper, not quite there in practice. It's a lot of car for $50k, undercuts the C43 and S4 by about $5-10k

Plus, who's idea was it to extend the tailight into a foot long line along the quarter panel???

Hitting all the right marks on paper, not quite there in practice. It's a lot of car for $50k, undercuts the C43 and S4 by about $5-10k

Plus, who's idea was it to extend the tailight into a foot long line along the quarter panel???

didn't notice that, but seems to be a trend in auto design
the use of LED's makes sense
but there's some very dooshy looking light treatments on the roads these days

didn't notice that, but seems to be a trend in auto design
the use of LED's makes sense
but there's some very dooshy looking light treatments on the roads these days

Not a light, it's just a reflector. One of those things that once you see, stands out by a mile.

Looks sexy to me.
So much for the thread about people are not into cars anymore

I like it....id trade the Volt in for this thing when the time came.

These days, there is no such thing as a "bad" car anymore, well except for a Fiat, but pretty much everything automakers are churning out is quite good, even the "american" brands are coming along.

The problem I have with this particular model, is on it own, it looks good on paper, but for $50K, wouldn't you really rather have something else?

I think Kia/Hyundai are in a really good spot from a buyer's perspective, because they have caught up and in some cases surpassed the Japanese/Germans/Americans in reliability and performance, but they still haven't shaken off the stigma associated with Korean cars. Just look at all the comments on the internet under the reviews of various Kias/Hyundais, most people are posting things such as "it's still a kia" and "i'd rather pay more for a bmw". The people who are concerned with image and what others think will always pay more for a bmw/audi/jaguar simply for the brand image, and due to this reason the kia/hyundai will always cost less and depreciate faster. So if you're a buyer who couldn't care less what others think and just want a good performing reliable car for yourself, cars like the Stinger, K900, Genesis, etc are great options. I don't buy new cars but I can definitely see myself buying a used Stinger in 2020-2022. I'd prefer a manual transmission but I guess I can live with a good automatic with paddle shifters.

Never thought I would own a Hyundai, but then I found one that has a Cummins turbo diesel engine. :D it's awesome!

Looks great. Too bad there's no manual. :(

You will notice this thing comes with 8 speed transmission, to keep it in the torque curve, a VERY common thing in modern cars.
If it came with a manual you would be constantly shifting gears like on a semi.

You need the auto trans to get the gas mileage, if they released a manual car the manual would drive down the average gas mileage so far they couldn't sell the car.

I have a '13 Optima 6spd manual with 94,000kms that's just beastly. I get almost 760kms a tank with mixed driving and i've had it down to around 6.0L/100km on a cottage trip once. Not a single thing wrong with it, i'm actually still on stock brakes!

I think the Stinger is fantastic, good for Kia. I'd buy another one in a heartbeat, but due to life needs a truck will be next.

But a manual is more fun. My car comes with either a manual or dual clutch auto. The auto is faster and gets better fuel economy. I still chose the manual. Although if I lived in Toronto I probably would've went with the auto.

Wife bought a Kia Soul. It’s been a wonderful car. A little underpowered but, drivability and fit and finish have second to none.

Solid built vehicle. Open the hood and it doesn’t require a good prop.

Heated steering wheel and quality materials. Best blue tooth connect ability and very quiet on the highway.

Dealership in Grimsby is very friendly and candid about the whole purchase process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah.....a Korean BMW

The Genesis is the reigning champ in the "Fastest depreciation" department, losing a whopping 38% of it's value inside 12 months.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-worst-depreciating-around.html/?a=viewall

This is the problem with name brands that have a long history of producing cheap/bargain/econobox cars trying to play the high-end game - they may get suckers to buy in, sure, but they lose their shirts in the process.

But, there's a sucker born every minute, I guess.

Nothing against Kia, but they don't hold the cachet value to put out a high value car that's not going to depreciate like a lead balloon. Edit: Not necessarily talking solely about the Stinger in particular, but with a $60,000 car on their roster now (after you convert from USD) Kia seems to be working up to the Genesis situation above, that's my point.

Last edited:
The Genesis is the reigning champ in the "Fastest depreciation" department, losing a whopping 38% of it's value inside 12 months.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-worst-depreciating-around.html/?a=viewall

This is the problem with name brands that have a long history of producing cheap/bargain/econobox cars trying to play the high-end game - they may get suckers to buy in, sure, but they lose their shirts in the process.

But, there's a sucker born every minute, I guess.

Nothing against Kia, but they don't hold the cachet value to put out a high value car that's not going to depreciate like a lead balloon.

I think they should have brought it out at a $35-40k car, instead of a $45-50k car. Will sell better imo.

Now about those Genesis', I've always like how those new ones look. There's a few 2016's around here with 50000km for $26k. Actually would be a good, reliable daily for a decent price.

Now about those Genesis', I've always like how those new ones look. There's a few 2016's around here with 50000km for $26k. Actually would be a good, reliable daily for a decent price.

Probably not bad cars, but they also probably sold for north of $60,000 when they were new 12-16 months ago. To be selling for $26K now goes to show you how much of a bath the original owner took, higher mileage aside.

Back
Top Bottom