Does this picture look right? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Does this picture look right?

This might come as a huge shock to you but GTA also has a healthy population of dirt bike riders.
... and once upon a time it had a **** load of off road riding areas.

And once upon a time it had dinosaurs.

There were lots of places to ride years ago.Best local place was below Pearson Airport thru Etobicoke Creek.Good times there!

And once upon a time it had dinosaurs.
Possibly but the top of the page says Toronto and Area Motorcycle Enthusiasts Online Community not Toronto and Area Palaeontology Enthusiasts Online Community.
Last time I checked Dirt and Track bikes do qualify as motorcycles.

There were lots of places to ride years ago.Best local place was below Pearson Airport thru Etobicoke Creek.Good times there!

Pickering Pits was huge, the area immediately south of the 401 and west of the DVP there was a decent MX track, several Hydro cut areas in Scarborough, most of the Don Valley green belt, the Rouge River Valley. Lots of places you could ride and nobody cared! It was worth while owning a pickup truck to just leave a dirt bike in the back all the time!

I've seen plenty of bikes where the clip from the master has flung off ; but the owner did not notice. (luckly the link had not failed)
So for the peace of mind - i'd always recommend a rivet link.

It's the natural thing for most street riders or mechanics working mostly on street bikes to recommend riveted link. Which is fine, but makes a lot less sense on a dirt bike if you ask me. I prefer clip on a dirt bike, because I can take the chain of anytime I want to and give it a good clean, usually 2-3 times a season. You can never clean the chain on the bike as good as off the bike ... I am sure you would agree with that.

How did we get here? Where are we going with this? Anybody wants to discuss anything else? ... LOL

Threads are getting derailed at record speed around here this season... maybe it's the cold. Or maybe it's the {demographic} who are incapable of {positive adjective} {action}

Pardon my skepticism but are you sure the clip was on right?
besides add: wiring those 2 parts together isn't going to accomplish very much imho considering the clip holds the side plate on, what's to stop both from magically flying off? and what side force made it fail in the first place?
This is just 'old school 101' for places that have to reuse and make do with what they have.

I n parts of Asia everything is reused -- a few broken chains might be spliced together to make another chain that will last for a little while. Old spring clips that have list their spring are wired closed. Also, this is used to keep idiots from popping the chain clips on parked bikes.

Back
Top Bottom