Hully Gully on fire | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hully Gully on fire

Iceman

If your bike is stored there you my want to check on it. Sounds like the main building was spared, fire contained to the rear storage building.
Hopefully doesn't affect too many riders and that they are open for business soon.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Wow, big fire in the storage building.

FWzvC709Kw0k8b2W.jpg

Statement off their website:

During the middle of Thursday night a fire started in the building behind Hully Gully. Due to the quick action of the London fire department, there were no injuries and our guard dog is safe.

We await the fire inspectors’ determination as experience teaches the first three reports are wrong.

Employees who worked in that building are requested to come to work at their normal time and today will work out of our 1629 Wharncliffe Rd location.

For any customer units that may have been affected, our team will individually contact them.

Our normal business hours are 9:00AM to 6:00Pm today and tomorrow.

Thanks to all for their assistance and it will be business as usual.

Randy and Audrey Collins

Curious about the story behind the bolded bit

Last edited:
I believe they kept all their used bikes back there...in the winter i wager they kept all their bikes back there in storage

I believe they kept all their used bikes back there...in the winter i wager they kept all their bikes back there in storage
That's what I'm thinking...

That would make sense. Now is the interesting time where people find out if the insurance/storage contracts were properly drafted. Hopefully this goes through as a group claim with Hully Gullys policy (assuming it can cover the entire loss) and not individual claims by all owners.

The store more than just bikes. Could be huge losses with boats and other toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would make sense. Now is the interesting time where people find out if the insurance/storage contracts were properly drafted. Hopefully this goes through as a group claim with Hully Gullys policy (assuming it can cover the entire loss) and not individual claims by all owners.

would be interesting to see the terms of the storage contracts
ie: did they include a liability waver

my bike is in paid storage, but it's still insured

would be interesting to see the terms of the storage contracts
ie: did they include a liability waver

my bike is in paid storage, but it's still insured

Same here. I think it was a requirement of the fellow with whom I've got the bike stored.

The vehicle owners individual insurance will cover the losses unless it’s shown in the fire investigation there was negligence from the storage provider.

Hully Gully will have it’s own commercial coverage but it doesn’t extend to other peoples’ property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ in a perfect world, that is how this should wrap up

any time there is the word contract = civil law

if there are in fact boats and RV's lost
I'd expect some litigation
regardless what waiver is included in the contract

shame, the best demo day iv had to date was with them

so, no one from here had a bike stored there?

I used to deliver bikes there 20 years ago. That back shed is where they used to stack crated new bikes and snowmobiles. Things might have changed since then. I can't imagine what would cause a fire in that building. It should all be insured though.

I used to deliver bikes there 20 years ago. That back shed is where they used to stack crated new bikes and snowmobiles. Things might have changed since then. I can't imagine what would cause a fire in that building. It should all be insured though.

I saw a news report (CTV) and the guy stated exactly that, that the shed was stuffed with new, still in crate items for spring/summer. Not sure if that's all that was in there but that's what he said.

Have you seen the size of that building recently? There isn't a dealer in Ontario with enough new in crate stock to fill it. They stored everything in there, new/used, customers bikes, boats, and atvs.
Hully Gully also said that IF any customers bikes were damaged they would let them know as things progress.

....gonna be some smokin' deals on new and used bikes this spring !!!

Back
Top Bottom