Furnace repair / service in Peel HVAC (Brampton) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Furnace repair / service in Peel HVAC (Brampton)

Heylerds

Anybody knows a reputable company or person who can check and service furnace / HVAC in Brampton or GTA?

Of course on the coldest day of winter (so far) our furnace started acting up. Heat doesn't turn on.

Tried adjusting the temp but it does nothing; the fan activates when i switch it to 'on' (but of course no heat coming out). I replaced the battery still the same.

Bummer, did you find somebody yet?
You might want to mention what type of fuel that furnace uses, makes a big difference.
Now would be a good time to switch to your secondary heat source & if you don't have one of those you might want to consider investing in one. It also pays to learn how to trouble-shoot your own home heating system, this is Canada, we can freeze to death on this part of the planet, you need to take home heating very seriously.

Bummer, did you find somebody yet?
You might want to mention what type of fuel that furnace uses, makes a big difference.
Now would be a good time to switch to your secondary heat source & if you don't have one of those you might want to consider investing in one. It also pays to learn how to trouble-shoot your own home heating system, this is Canada, we can freeze to death on this part of the planet, you need to take home heating very seriously.

No, not yet. I already checked Kijiji, Google etc. but not sure which one does good service and I don't get charge a ton.

On our older home, same thing was happening..thermostat is trying to fire the heat but not firing and I found the culprit, a blocked hose coming from the blower to condesate drain hose.

I checked this furnace (gas) but it's a different one and did not find anything out of the ordinary...this is beyond my ability, I would like the expert to look into this.

Fired up the gas fireplace to get some heat.

Thanks.

I used 'WE Fix HVAC' out of Newmarket for some work in Mississauga and Toronto. Can't complain but good luck on finding a spot in their schedule. Guy's name is Robert and the number is 416-230-3820. You can tell him you got the number from Wojtek maybe it'll help out. He did our boiler prior to the winter kicking in thankfully.

Might be a stupid question, but did you try turning off the breaker...waiting a minute and then flipping it back on again?

As an interim measure to keep your house warmer, I fill the tub and all sinks with hot water. Prior to having a generator, in the xmas ice storm a few years ago, this kept the house well above freezing while being out of power for days in the winter.

As an interim measure to keep your house warmer, I fill the tub and all sinks with hot water. Prior to having a generator, in the xmas ice storm a few years ago, this kept the house well above freezing while being out of power for days in the winter.
Good tip.

If you have an oven just set it on 300 & leave it there. Periodically open the door. Life saver!

If it's an older unit that has a pilot it's probably the thermopile (literally "heat battery"; aka a "thermocouple" or "flame sensor") that's gone. This sensor sits in the pilot flame and if it senses no flame (i.e. the pilot has gone out), it shuts off the gas valve to prevent gas flowing but not being burned. You can get thermopiles at Canadian Tire and swap them without touching a gas fitting. They're not usually hard to get to; one or two tools is often all that's needed.

If it's an older unit that has a pilot it's probably the thermopile (literally "heat battery"; aka a "thermocouple" or "flame sensor") that's gone. This sensor sits in the pilot flame and if it senses no flame (i.e. the pilot has gone out), it shuts off the gas valve to prevent gas flowing but not being burned. You can get thermopiles at Canadian Tire and swap them without touching a gas fitting. They're not usually hard to get to; one or two tools is often all that's needed.

That's always my first thought too (or a pilot that went out) but as the OP doesn't feel comfortable poking around in the furnace I didn't want them to get in over their heads.

Still no heat! must be getting pretty chilly in there.
Get yourself the most powerful electric heater your closest outlet can handle, remove furnace cover where you normally change the air filter, aim the heater there and turn on your furnace fan. ... instant electric heat for the entire house.

take the front cover off and look for a circuit board
will have an LED on it
turn power off, then back on
fan will spin up
burner will attempt to light
when it doesn't
the LED will flash a code
there is usually a decal in there to tell you what the codes mean
this does not require any disconnecting of anything
and may point you in the right direction
and if you can share this info prior to the tech coming
perhaps they can be sure to have the right part on the truck

Had it happen in another house before. It was the controller board that went. Had to get it thru a licenced HVAC person.

hard to buy parts even after you find out the problem unless you are a licensed tech

Can't through ebay or amazon?

Well, unless he can wait.

Back
Top Bottom