Furnace repair / service in Peel HVAC (Brampton) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Furnace repair / service in Peel HVAC (Brampton)

a long way from Brampton
but I've bought furnace parts from Southern Supplies in Oshawa
never been questioned about being a fitter or TSSA certification

there is also a place in orangeville that will sell parts

Depends on what it is it could be a very easy fix. I am terrified on working with gas/electricity but when my furnace gave out last year with a 3 week old in the house at 2am...I was able to source the problem (thanks to YouTube) to a dirty flame sensor. Was able to take it apart, clean it with light sandpaper, and re-install it with no issues within 15 minutes. Hasn't given me issue since, and the HVAC guy said it looks good for a few more years. It was clicking and trying to figure, chamber would fill with flame but wouldn't release as the circuit didn't know if there was a flame or not. Thermocouples are a bit more involving but you need replacement parts for those, and those are fairly easy to replace as well so long as you've got some tools. Good luck OP, ****** time for this to happen.

when my furnace took a crap i ended up running my fireplace till i could find the part.i think i ended up burning twice the gas to keep the house warm.

if you take a drive around more than likely you will come across a hvac tech that would look at it for you for a cash deal

So I did all the advise, ie. hot water on tub, oven at 300c, borrowed some electric heater as well which heated the house temporarily.

Friend of a friend was a HVAC tech, so he came by...looked at the furnace, tested with jumper cable and it was firing...so he went through everything and found the problem...it was the air intake! It was clogged with frozen ice from the outside of the house. He said the air exhaust and laundry dryer vent steam was being sucked by the air intake which freezes easily because of the very cold temp.

Thanks all!

glad you got it fixed, going to be cool for the next few days, and happy new year

So I did all the advise, ie. hot water on tub, oven at 300c, borrowed some electric heater as well which heated the house temporarily.

Friend of a friend was a HVAC tech, so he came by...looked at the furnace, tested with jumper cable and it was firing...so he went through everything and found the problem...it was the air intake! It was clogged with frozen ice from the outside of the house. He said the air exhaust and laundry dryer vent steam was being sucked by the air intake which freezes easily because of the very cold temp.

Thanks all!

Glad you were able to figure it out. Did he make any changes to the outside venting/intake so it won’t happen again?

...it was the air intake! It was clogged with frozen ice from the outside of the house...
oops, I was going to suggest that one early on but thought you weren't all that keen on trouble-shooting it yourself, sorry about that :|

;) but now you are all the wiser!

So, the air exhaust and air intake are at the same height protruding out of the house. The exhaust pipe has a 'T' at the end, one pointing down and the other pointing up. The intake has an 90 elbow pointing down.

He'll make the exhaust higher than the intake and will not put back the 'T', making it just horizontal pipe.

He did not do it yesterday because it was late but he will come back anyways because he found something that might give me problem later on, the bearing on the motor is making loud noise which is not normal. He's going to check if the manufacturer will cover it under warranty (hopefully) and he'll do both on the same day.

Happy New Year All!

Something else you might want to be aware of; where high pressure first becomes low pressure it makes cold. This is exactly what can happen in an LPG regulator and the result can be the unit will freeze up causing the gas to be shut off at the regulator. I had it happen once and the fix was to simply warm the copper pipe up a little bit with my hand right where it comes out of the regulator. Made for a super cheap fast easy self service fix :)
Happy almost New Year to you too!

Thanks all!
Wow, glad you got it fixed!

Back
Top Bottom