Android to hide your signal strength at carriers request | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android to hide your signal strength at carriers request

CruisnGrrl

Site Supporter
https://www.xda-developers.com/android-p-signal-strength-carriers/

basically if bell doesn't want you to see how strong (or weak) your signal is then your android phone is going to hide it from you. Sure you could install something like linage or the like (if it supports your phone) but often custom roms have issues with drivers and I'd say are at an advanced level of phone usage. 9/10 phone users are not interested in flashing custom roms..

That's just stupid. What good is hiding a 'No Signal' from you going to do? It will be pretty obvious that you cant use the phone.

https://www.xda-developers.com/android-p-signal-strength-carriers/

basically if bell doesn't want you to see how strong (or weak) your signal is then your android phone is going to hide it from you. Sure you could install something like linage or the like (if it supports your phone) but often custom roms have issues with drivers and I'd say are at an advanced level of phone usage. 9/10 phone users are not interested in flashing custom roms..

Sunny will be spitting venom when he hears this.

No, wait. It's Android. Nothing but crickets. Carry on.

I wonder what will t hey allow the carriers do next? Hide incoming phone calls or texts? Crazy BS.

Sunny will be spitting venom when he hears this.

No, wait. It's Android. Nothing but crickets. Carry on.

He'll find some way to make it a positive thing. Less clutter on the screen, you don't need that pesky information anyways. Nothing to see here, carry on.

Don't carriers already manipulate how many bars you will see for a given signal strength?

Edit: I misunderstood this story when I read it this morning. All this is hiding is the numerical signal strength displayed in Settings... and only there, apps can still get this information via API calls. So this accomplishes almost nothing, aside from appearing to be vaguely hostile towards your users? Very strange

Last edited:
this is not bars on the screen, it's an advanced feature in the settings menu
and as the story indicates, if this does get implemented
anyone that cares will be easily able to see what their signal actually is

for you apple fanbois...see if you can find yours
my device is currently at -80dBm 23 asu
what's your i-jewelry tell you??

this is not bars on the screen, it's an advanced feature in the settings menu
and as the story indicates, if this does get implemented
anyone that cares will be easily able to see what their signal actually is

for you apple fanbois...see if you can find yours
my device is currently at -80dBm 23 asu
what's your i-jewelry tell you??

yup - dial *3001#12345#* and press the Call button
Sitting at -93
:thumbleft:

Hahah he's too busy checking his Tesla order status on and iphone.

you-sir-you-win-the-thread.jpg

baaa baaaa........lets all run out and by $1500 iPhone X's

Was that you I saw in line to buy the $2000 Samsung Android flip phone?

Flip phone.

$2000

hehe.gif

Someone will come up with an app that does it.
If somebody came up with an app to temporarily increase the phones signal strength, that would be impressive!
If somebody came up with an app to dial *3001#12345#* and press the Call button, that would be completely useless.

Here's the link where you can download an android IDE to run on your Mac computer and even emulator test out your Android apps
:D on your Mac computer that is click here
... is freeware just like the Apple IDE is, but I'm pretty sure if you want a Windows native software IDE :lmao: well that is going to cost you.

Back
Top Bottom