Ktm 350excf insurance cost?(23yo/m) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ktm 350excf insurance cost?(23yo/m)

Are you buying the bike with cash outright or on a loan, if you purchase it on a loan the insurance company will insist you have full coverage so that their risk is mitigated. I just ran the numbers through an online quote and it would cost me roughly 1000$ per year to insure that machine and I am old, live rural and have been riding forever with no claims or fines. You will be paying well in excess of that or something is very wrong with the system.

Sad isn't it!

Are you buying the bike with cash outright or on a loan, if you purchase it on a loan the insurance company will insist you have full coverage so that their risk is mitigated. I just ran the numbers through an online quote and it would cost me roughly 1000$ per year to insure that machine and I am old, live rural and have been riding forever with no claims or fines. You will be paying well in excess of that or something is very wrong with the system.

Sad isn't it!

5k on loan yeah, id probably just run the risk of telling them its owned outright tho. Well something is wrong with the system already if you ask me. 1000$ is robbery considering we use the machine what 7 out of 12 months? I live in the rurals also, thats probably all i have going for me.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

You can tell them you have no loan, they will know the difference. My insurance documents name the lien holder on my vehicle, it is also listed with the ministry. Do not run the risk of lying to them, it is fraud.
Most ktm models are considered "high performance" models by insurers, they carry a slightly higher insurance cost than a crf250l for example. You gotta pay to play and it sucks.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Sadly it would be cheaper for you to buy a full out competition motorcycle and ride it in every event you could attend. Somehow insurance companies here construe our cost of liability insurance to imply we are purchasing insurance to cover ourselves and that we are all a danger to our own existence, and this is in a country that has socialized healthcare. I'm pretty sure the system is designed to completely discourage you from riding on the street.
Best luck with your motorcycle purchase and even better luck with your efforts to put it on the road at a reasonable cost. Unless the bike is your only vehicle, you will probably be able to calculate your insurance cost in dollars per mile.

Sadly it would be cheaper for you to buy a full out competition motorcycle and ride it in every event you could attend. Somehow insurance companies here construe our cost of liability insurance to imply we are purchasing insurance to cover ourselves and that we are all a danger to our own existence, and this is in a country that has socialized healthcare. I'm pretty sure the system is designed to completely discourage you from riding on the street.
Best luck with your motorcycle purchase and even better luck with your efforts to put it on the road at a reasonable cost. Unless the bike is your only vehicle, you will probably be able to calculate your insurance cost in dollars per mile.

Thanks for the help, really appreciate it. If its not designed to do so its giving whoever wants to know a pretty good idea on what to do. Feels impossible to ride a bike in ontario unless your making over 25$ an hour wherever you work fulltime. Even then theres months where its like , is it even worth it. Then theres alberta,sask,Manitoba where insurance makes sense usually..

Last edited:
You can tell them you have no loan, they will know the difference. My insurance documents name the lien holder on my vehicle, it is also listed with the ministry. Do not run the risk of lying to them, it is fraud.
Most ktm models are considered "high performance" models by insurers, they carry a slightly higher insurance cost than a crf250l for example. You gotta pay to play and it sucks.

I dont get how they would know tho because i just have a generic “loan” not an auto loan or any of the sorts. I see it as i needed a loan of 5k , my insurance provider doesn’t need that info? If so.. wooooow. Just wow haha

Call a broker and try td i pay 200 a year for a similar bike and live in the country

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I dont get how they would know tho because i just have a generic “loan” not an auto loan or any of the sorts. I see it as i needed a loan of 5k , my insurance provider doesn’t need that info? If so.. wooooow. Just wow haha

The loan is likely registered as a lien against the bike, easy to find out with the uvip. I'd try state farm, and td like Steve^^ said.

Nope about 40minutes from Toronto was about the same in Waterloo

Then you are getting a smokin good deal because I just pumped in the numbers for a Honda 150cc scooter, zero collision, zero comprehensive, minimal liability and minimal distance, I low balled the value of the bike and it still came out to 317$ plus tax.

... maybe they think your motorcycle has pedals!

I live north of Toronto and pay $100 a year for a DRZ400 with TD. Smaller bikes are usually cheap to insure.

Then you are getting a smokin good deal because I just pumped in the numbers for a Honda 150cc scooter, zero collision, zero comprehensive, minimal liability and minimal distance, I low balled the value of the bike and it still came out to 317$ plus tax.

... maybe they think your motorcycle has pedals!
My 1190 ktm is under 800 a year and the 796 is monster less than 7. All have full coverage my street legal dirt bike has theft and comp as well as fire. The dirt only dirt bike is around 100 a year.

Must be nice, the quote i got for full coverage, fire, theft, ect. Was 1914$ from paul at surnet insurance. Sad to say thats been the cheapest i could find so far

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Must be nice, the quote i got for full coverage, fire, theft, ect. Was 1914$ from paul at surnet insurance. Sad to say thats been the cheapest i could find so far
That sounds more like it. Well actually that totally sucks, but if you did get insurance for 100$ per year I would have been piss'd with my broker.
Shocking and slightly maddening isn't it!

Sadly it would be cheaper for you to buy a full out competition motorcycle and ride it in every event you could attend. ...
1914$ annually would go a long way towards having you ride every off-road event you could possibly attend ;)

Shocking , maddening , so many emotions all i know is I’m certainly butt hurt over this haha. I mean you go out and buy a 12000$ thing and realize thats just the beginning for being bent over. Trials is totally right, i could go out rip some off road events break some bones and still come out ahead of so called “insurance” cost.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Back
Top Bottom