Apple, the new VW | GTAMotorcycle.com

Apple, the new VW

LOL ... you really believe that most people buying new iPhones frequently, because of speed increment??

Typical Sunny BS misdirection thread. There’s a reason I’m still running 5.x on the 4 I use for an IPod in my car. Same reason Apple is throttling updates to the older phones.

I certainly do believe there are tons of the kool aid sippers
that take the iOS updates ASAP
and the devices are by design made slower
and have to get the latest i-jewelry because of this

We should all get a blackberry

Torn on this. They should have been more upfront about it because the basis behind it all does make sense...designed to extend the useful life of the device in the end.

Say what you will about Apple, but there's still a lot of iPhones and iPads nearing a decade of age still working, and they support their devices for longer than ANY other manufacturer - the 5S for example is 4 years old now and still supported by the latest iOS. Most android phones can't claim anywhere close to this level of support or longevity (Even Google's Nexus lineup barely managed 3 years of support) so these sorts of efforts to make the hardware actually last longer are even necessary.

Our original iPad is 7 years old and still used daily in our kitchen to play videos while we are cooking, pull up recipes on, etc. I don't care of Apple slowed it down a little honestly to make sure that it continues to work for another 7 years.

I have a 5s I charge it once every 2 or 3 days, never had a lick of problem with it, but then again; I never apply any updates and haven't downloaded a single app that didn't come on it when I bought it.
How fast is it? Depends on if I'm walking, driving, riding, flying or just sitting still :I must be missing something here.

For someone who doesn't appear to like Apple, they sure seem to follow and stay up to date with what's going on with them. :D
(closet iphone user!!!)

For someone who doesn't appear to like Apple, they sure seem to follow and stay up to date with what's going on with them.

Same guy who bashes electric cars but has a reservation on a Tesla Model 3.

Proprietary philosophy! So how do you feel about UNIX?

I have never liked Apple and I have never bought anything from them. I have never agreed with their proprietary philosophy on software. I think we can now see one of the many reasons why.

For a computer, stick with the IBM/Windows platform. For a phone, stick with Android. Don't trust companies that want to keep it all to themselves.

Funny, reminds me of Harley Davidson.

In the end, use whatever floats your boat. The Apple haters who then gush about how Android is the shitz and the world revolves around it are no better than Apple fanboy's who do the opposite.

WHO CARES. It's childish. Kinda like the Harley Davidson vs Metric argument.

The Apple as VW thing appears to be bass ackwards.

VW made their products appear better for testing purposes.

Apple made their products appear worse.

No, they actually made them worse, not appeared. And the items are owned by you at the time they "damaged" them.

I don't agree with what they did (mainly because they didn't tell you it was happening and/or give you the opportunity to opt out), but it depends how you define worse. Undoubtedly they slowed them down, but without that bodge, how short would the life be? I would argue that a slow phone that lasts all day is better most of the time than a fast phone that dies by lunch.

The real stupidity is that they are pushing the batteries so hard in the quest for thinner phones that they lose a substantial portion of their life within the first year.

There is a reasonable argument (that I think wins in Australia with their consumer protection laws) that the useful life of a cell phone should exceed two years (maybe exceed three? much more than that I doubt you'd win). Apple may get a beat down in court for selling a product that is not fit for its intended purpose.

So is this Apple admitting their hardware is crap? if they have to slow it down to continue to work then means they have faulty hardware.

No?

My wife has a 13 year old Apple laptop. I do not like apple but I must admit that when she opens the lid the damn thing turns on with no delays and just works. Any windows laptop I buy seems to take 4 minutes to warm up and get on going. The only exception is this HP Spectre i just got, that thing flies.

Apple has reliable products, they have shady practices and regardless of what every apple fan says they are always a couple steps behind in technology, IMO by design as part of their shady practices.

Just gave my wife a Gift Certificate for her to finally replace that 13 year old laptop, when i got it at the apple store the girl asked me if I was going to use it on apple itunes!?! do people really spend over a grand on itunes? damn!

[
I would argue that a slow phone that lasts all day is better most of the time than a fast phone that dies by lunch.

Right, I'm sure Apple had users of their older products in their best interests.

Pure deception folks, iPhone sales have slowed down, what better way to get people to upgrade then to make your phone run slower so you get frustrated and are tempted to upgrade to a new Bionic! chipped (I love apple marketing) powered iPhone X.

carry on, if nothing else, I love watching folks get duped by Apple propaganda....

I had an iPhone 3 then a 5. My most recent phone is android, simply because I don't like using iTunes for everything. Still have both iPhone, still work great. If I could figure out music without paying iTunes I'd like to use one as an ipod.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Hmmmm.....still got an original iPad mini and its recently started really slowing down and crashing more often. Maybe it's a battery issue . Have been thinking of replacing it with something else but trying to get more life out of this thing.

Funny, reminds me of Harley Davidson.

In the end, use whatever floats your boat. The Apple haters who then gush about how Android is the shitz and the world revolves around it are no better than Apple fanboy's who do the opposite.

WHO CARES. It's childish. Kinda like the Harley Davidson vs Metric argument.

Your talking about brand loyalty. I'm talking about proprietary platforms. You buy Apple, everything you buy for it Apple has to approve with a manufacturer and they get a cut of the cash. That's why everything for them is so expensive. IBM is an open platform, anyone can make software or hardware for it (Dell, Compaq and a 1000 other clone makers) so the competition drives the prices down, creates innovative products and pretty much steamrolled Apple in sales over the last 40 years. I don't see an HD comparison here. There is no bike that has more aftermarket part suppliers than HD. Nothing proprietary about them.

Back
Top Bottom