Medicinal Marijuana | GTAMotorcycle.com

Medicinal Marijuana

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
I know there is a pot thread here, but I wanted to keep this one a little more focused away from recreational pot.

Family member has incurable cancer and had full round of chemo and is on a maintenance chemo/drugs. Her main issues are intense muscle cramping, neuropathy in hands and feet. She now has a medicinal license (for pain) and recently got some CBD oil, but hasn't noticed any benefit. The strength of it may be too weak.

She went to some medicinal clinic (not sure which one), and was prescribed a strain w/ 1:1 ratio of THC:CBD, and the strain they suggested has around 12% of both. She does not want to get high (currently) and this would definitely do that to her.

I'm curious to learn more about the higher content CBD types. My initial readings take me to strains like ACDC, Cannatonic and Charlotte's Web.
I've also learned that CBD is important to take with other constituents that are often not found in industrial hemp, which some companies use to produce their CBD products. CBD produced via cannabis plants (that are very low in THC), have the other medicinal constituents that help to enable the CBD to be more effective for medicinal benefit. Hemp technically is considered a cannabis plant that has extremely low THC, but there are medicinal differences between true hemp and cannabis with low THC.

One oil that I found worth trying out and seems distributed through a new Canadian operation is Cannabis Care.
Also found this: Canvas RX
The oils are expensive (especially for the more potent oils), but I suspect the prices will come down as medical and social acceptance widens and demand increases. I still have a lot more reading to do to figure out what is what.

Anyone here know where to get good quality CBD oils of cannabis (not hemp)?

Last edited:
tweed sells some consistent quality CBD oils, some are very low THC
as an LP, and your family member is licensed, they could buy there

would definitely be careful where this is purchased
I'm sure you know solvent is used in the production
needs to be a reputable producer to be safe

A Bunch of MOMs sell CBD oil, but as you've said they are incredibly expensive. Never really used pot for pain relief. When I fractured my foot (Probably not a pain thats similar to cancer) I took Kratom and it certainly helped with pain. Maybe look into that along with CBD's? Kratom is much cheaper than CBD oil.

Thanks for the tips.

Since pain is subjective, anything that lessens it with fewer side effects than pill popping is the goal. And if tumor reduction can happen, then even better.
Some research also shows that tumor reduction occurs with ingestion of oil. I recently read about RSO (Rick Simpson Oil). Looks pretty awesome!

Back
Top Bottom