Advice for winter work on 2008 R6 - keyswitch elimination harness / 520 conversion | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advice for winter work on 2008 R6 - keyswitch elimination harness / 520 conversion

Because of the imobilizer circuit on Canadian R6's I don't think you can just plug in the Woodcraft eliminator. I think you have to flash the ecu as well to turn that feature off otherwise you still need the key

So would this apply to a 2006 GSXR1000 as well i.e. having to re-flash the ECU to turn off the immobliser feature?
If so do you know anyone who does that as my Woodcraft key eliminator was delivered yesterday.

I just read through R6 forums so I can't say. But chances are several ppl have asked the same question on your forum and several people have answered with what to do. I haven't seen ppl advertising gsxr reflashes, but I also haven't looked, I'd assume reflashes are out there, if you even need it done. Maybe your bike doesn't, maybe a wire just needs to be crossed or something, best to find out first.

So would this apply to a 2006 GSXR1000 as well i.e. having to re-flash the ECU to turn off the immobliser feature?
If so do you know anyone who does that as my Woodcraft key eliminator was delivered yesterday.
I don't know anything about the 2006 GSXR. I just know I had to do it on my 2012 R6

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

See post #13 in this thread, PM zx600 as he has the same year and bike as you with the woodcraft eliminator working.

Back
Top Bottom