Bug Out Bikes | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bug Out Bikes

Internal combustion engines require fuel. In the chaos of a post-EMP event, I doubt you're going to have much luck going to your local gas station aiming to siphon a few gallons of regular for even a low-tech dual-sport. Others looking to do the same, the station owner or the military would bag you if you tried to loot like this.

Get into shape, get a decent mountain bike, have 72 hrs of food and water and prepare to just hunker down through the worst of such an event.
Portable syphon pump on your back or attached to the bike. Every fried car dead on road will be a gas station.

Might be a good idea to start having at the very least one month's canned food and water on hand in case the **** does hit the fan. I think the trajectory of his ICBM was a hint of what he has planned. Why the US isn't striking first with an EMP is a mystery.

Last edited:
I had a Lada Niva. It even had a crank for hand starting.

Also had a manual over ride on the fuel pump so you could get some gas to start a fire while stranded....

Do you mean gas to torch the car because it wouldn't start?

Portable syphon pump on your back or attached to the bike. Every fried car dead on road will be a gas station..
I don't get that, why wouldn't you just poke a hole in the bottom of fuel tank and catch what runs out ?

I don't get that, why wouldn't you just poke a hole in the bottom of fuel tank and catch what runs out ?

You can control how much fuel you remove and no waste. There may be more in the tank than you can carry.

You are in a vulnerable position if you are crawling under a vehicle trying to tap a hole in a fuel tank and collecting fuel. Someone could take you out or steal your wheels.

Well that's it for me :I don't stand a chance of surviving the apocalypse.

Back
Top Bottom