Used tire disposal | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used tire disposal

You guys are spoiled, live rural for a while and you'll find that the transport, cost and labour are all on you.
But you guys can do anything on your property & have awesome wood fireplaces!

:D true that

I am rural.

Before the fee came into effect, I could take a set of four tires to my local dump for $12. Then the stewardship came in, charged me upfront when buying (at least $15) and I still had to get them to the dump.

Good job

Typical governmental screw up. Charge up front and then make it hard to get value for your money.

It would be interesting to see where the million$ have gone. We don't need another Hagersville or mosquito breeders in ditches so why can't the various levels of governments get their crap together and make the process simple. It doesn't help that I'm in exclusive Etobicoke where even the fire department has an unlisted number.

Does it make environmental sense for a person to burn a gallon of gas and an hour of time to get rid of something for which they paid upfront at he time of purchase. $5.00 at tire IIRC plus interest for a couple of years.

My wife called around for 1/2 hour to find out where to dispose of one tire, finding the nearest dump a half hour away. The city didn't mention the above noted website that lists ten sites close to home.

The government doesn't want to do its job but doesn't want anyone else to do it either.

BTW the phone just rang and it was the Ontario PC arty advising me the Wynne has called an election for June 7?. I hope that is a FRY day for Wynne, not that I'm enraptured by the others.

Why solve a problem if they can make money perpetuating it.

Doesn't businesses use old tires to make rubber mats & artificial turf? Seems like the government is double dipping.

Not sure if it has changed but a few years ago when I used to dump old tires, I used to bring them to the Peel community recycling center. It was free to dump a few tires a day, if you had more there was a small charge for each tire over the daily limit. The people were cool though since motorcycle tires are generally smaller then car or truck tires, they let me get in a few more per day for free. It was also just down the road from my shop, so it was not a big deal to go by and dump tires every few days on my way home from the shop....

Im not sure if we can still do this?

Back
Top Bottom